• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

windshield trim

michael bucklew

Reaction score
this is a gap on the left side upper windshield trim. this is the original trim. --car never wrecked/original owner---. right side fit ok. what can I do to fix this problem????????

IMG_0649.jpeg

IMG_0648.jpeg

Xcudame

Reaction score
You realize it probably left the factory with a similar gap. Quality control back in the late 60sand early 70s wasn't the greatest.

Not the greatest solution, but the only thing I can think of with out taking anything apart is to get a syringe with a big needle (think the one the doctor pokes you with and inject some two part epoxy (always soft and pliable) under the vinyl in that spot. Others may have better solutions.

sixpactogo

Reaction score
It is possible the stainless molding was not bent properly to start with. Maybe try to find another molding to lay on top to test whether it is the molding or the W/S opening.

michael bucklew

Reaction score
You realize it probably left the factory with a similar gap. Quality control back in the late 60sand early 70s wasn't the greatest.

Not the greatest solution, but the only thing I can think of with out taking anything apart is to get a syringe with a big needle (think the one the doctor pokes you with and inject some two part epoxy (always soft and pliable) under the vinyl in that spot. Others may have better solutions.
tend to agree with factory QC

Sal C

Reaction score
Probably not the answer you want to hear but there's really just one fix... It's why during the build you fit everything before body and paint...

lower rear window gap before and after (1).jpg

michael bucklew

Reaction score
Probably not the answer you want to hear but there's really just one fix... It's why during the build you fit everything before body and paint...

View attachment 124117
took car apart in the 90s. can not remember this problem.. would have never thought that this problem existed... often wondered why there was wads of windshield goop on the trim when I took it off the shelf to clean

michael bucklew

Reaction score
It is possible the stainless molding was not bent properly to start with. Maybe try to find another molding to lay on top to test whether it is the molding or the W/S opening.
mirrored right side with left... both have the same bend

Back