• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Front /rear bumper questions 72 Barracuda

sheetmetaldan

Reaction score
I can`t decide whether to rechrome my bumpers or buy some I spotted on craigslist. The seller says they are 70-74 and all driver quality he has a few different ones in a pic for $50 each. The price is right as long as I can find a pair for my car once I see them in person.Are there any differences to look out for? I don`t want to get bumpers that don`t fit right.

My front bumper has a slight tweak in it and damage in one of the bumper jack slots plus the chrome is bad on both bumpers. I assume easy fix`s for a shop before re-croming. Will my 72 bumperettes in the rear fit correctly on a the bumper from a different year?

moparleo

Reaction score
I can`t decide whether to rechrome my bumpers or buy some I spotted on craigslist. The seller says they are 70-74 and all driver quality he has a few different ones in a pic for $50 each. The price is right as long as I can find a pair for my car once I see them in perso
I am a little confused . Do you want used driver quality bumpers or nice rechromed bumpers ? If you want to get them rechromed. Save the money you would spend on gas and/or shipping plus $50.00 for a used bumper and check with a good chrome shop to redo your bumpers.
You usually get what you pay for. If you are lucky.

sheetmetaldan

Reaction score
Sorry for the confusion. I am trying to decide either buy a pair I could live with for $100.00 or spend more on re-chroming what I have. The bumpers on Craigslist are only a half hour from me so thats not bad, I just don`t know if bumpers from 70-74 were all the same.
If I decide to go the re-chroming route there is a shop called Nu-Chrome in Fall River MA. near me as well but I have read too many negative comments about them so I am leery about going there. I would rather deal with a local shop if I can as long as they are good and avoid having to ship bumpers. But if there is no one local to me I would ship them if I had to.

moparleo

Reaction score
To get the most bang for your buck I would get them rechromed one at a time. I would also send the bumper guards to get done at the same time so the chrome matched.
I will get info on a few recommended shops for you to check with.

moparleo

Reaction score
Here are a few good ones :
Nu-Chrome
sales @nu-chrome.com
-800-422-8012
Ma.

Advanced Plating
advancedplating.com
Nashville, Tn. 1 year warranty

Paul's Chrome Plating Inc.
paulschrome.com
800-245-8679
Pa. Lifetime warranty

There are many more ,but you should get an idea of what to expect.

sheetmetaldan

Reaction score
Thanks Moparleo. Do you or anyone here for that matter have any firsthand experience with Nu-Chrome? They are only about 20 minutes from me. My problem with going there were several negative comments I read online it`s sort of made me second guess using them. Hopefully quality has improved there.

sheetmetaldan

Reaction score
Avoid Nu-Chrome!

Just to update my own last post I researched Nu-Chrome again online and it`s worse than I thought follow this link for details. http://www.imperialclub.com/Part/Vendors/NuChrome.htm If anyone is considering them read this first before you give them your parts and money!

The list of unhappy customers spans years right up into 2012! I can`t see how a place like this even stays in business! They would have to pay me to give them my bumpers!

Back