• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Parts weight

422challenger

Reaction score
bumper bracket1.jpgbumper bracket2.jpg
I just started with a sheet of aluminum and traced the factory brackets and bent and welded to get the shape.

bumper bracket1.jpg

bumper bracket2.jpg

mpdlawdog

Reaction score
Thanks! How much weight do you think it saved you? I'm thinking about making some of those and going with fiberglass bumpers

mpdlawdog

Reaction score
Nice work! Feel like making another set if I can't pull it off;)

upnover

Reaction score
jeff lingenfelter is making some aluminum brackets, they will be $75 a pair i believe.

burntorange70

Reaction score
If your running a glass bumper you really only need the inner mounts. Good way to shave a few more lbs.

Mopar Mitch

Reaction score
422 -- The factory seats are heavy... `mine were ~50 each with the factory floor brkts... I've always weighed everything and continuously look to reduce weight.... physics= less weight=faster times (lap times, accel/decel, etc).... infact, I've gotten my car down to ~3150 w/1/4 tank fuel (w/o driver).... substitute aluminum wherever possible, etc.

Cudafever

Reaction score
I don't know how much a fiberglass hood weighs, but i know that the flat hood was 60 pounds and the twin hood scoop, hood way 78 pounds, on my70 barracuda. So you should save a lot of weight with the fiberglass hood.

sgcuda

Reaction score
I rebuilt my carbs using suggestions from ThumperDart. Went with QuickFuel billet metering blocks and light weight bowls. I don't know how much weight it dropped, but I could really feel a significant weight difference on my 850's from the stock to modified one. Will be a big weight loss since I am running 2 of them.

Back