• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

variable speed wiper wiring

72golddustermike

Reaction score
I bought new end for my wiper motor need a pic or diagram of wire positions in connector for a 70 challenger

Dave 383 3 speed

Reaction score
Hey GolddusterMike. Sorry for not getting back to you sooner. I should have mentioned that I drive truck and don't get home every day.
Anyway. I didn't realize there are two different types of connections. One is an inline(rectangular) connector and the other is a square one. The one I have is square. Two wires Top and Two Wires Bottom. I also have an American Autowire Harness.. so hopefully the wires are the same colour.
If you hold the connector as if you are going to plug it into its mate. (so you are looking at the end that you will be inserting the wires into.)
the TOP RIGHT slot is RED.
The TOP LEFT is GREEN.
The BOTTOM RIGHT is BLACK,
The BOTTOM LEFT is TAN or BROWN .
If the colours of the wires are same, it would be best to simply match the two wiring harnesses up wire for wire.. Red to Red, Green to Green, Black to Black, Tan To Tan.
I Hope this help you out.
Mopar to You.

Dave 383 3 speed

Reaction score
GoldDusterMike, don't follow those instructions above...
It was warmer in the garage yesterday, so I took the time to pull out the old harness and wiper motor. (I can't figure out how to get pictures from my phone to the computor yet,,, 8^\
But here goes,, Take your TERMINAL with clip end on top and connector ports(where you will be inserting the wires) facing you.
Top right is GREEN
Top left in BLUE
Bottom Right is RED
Bottom left is Brown.
Wiper motor has the same colour wires.
Hopefully i can figure out how to transfer the pics soon, so You can see what i'm talking about.
Sorry about the confussion

Back