• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Born Again....

hawkfn18

Reaction score
It all started in 1993 for me. Fresh out of the Navy was looking for a Camaro (eek!) and found a 1973 Challenger Rallye that had just been painted a non factory Mother color. Had no drive train in it. Picked it up for 3500 bucks with 74,000 original miles. Carb was shot on it, installed a Carter ABF and Edelbrock manifold for good measure and some headers. A rag had somehow got left in the lifter gallery that was used to catch pieces of the old gasket. The car ran like a scalded dog for about 20 minutes until the rag got sucked up by the cam shearing the oil pump shaft in the process. Time for a motor rebuild.
Fast forward to 2000, I had lost my job, my house and with it a place to keep my beloved Challenger. In order to save her from the harsh Chicago winters I reluctantly GAVE her to a relative. She sat in his garage used as a storage rack for various crap. Over the last 16 years had thought about my baby and all the good times we had. Found a 67 Dart that I had high hopes for to try to satisfy my thirst for Mopar. She was too far gone. Then it occurred to me that I should just talk to my relative about getting my baby back. A 5 minute phone call and sure enough my baby will be home again soon. While she has seen better days the emotional attachment to her is unbreakable. As she looked in 1993:

2ea61f7d-050c-4ab0-85ac-b179113ce140.jpg

DJ1967Dart

Reaction score
Welcome, it took me 30 years to get my 70 Challenger after I sold my 71 when I was a teenager. Only way to scratch the itch is to get another one. I built a 67 Dart to get me back into the game but only the Challenger satisfied the need. Good luck with the return of your challenger. Send some pics if you can once you have it in your possession again.

hawkfn18

Reaction score
Thanks for the warm welcome guys, waiting for the snow and salt go away before I bring the old girl home.

hawkfn18

Reaction score
Got her home Friday night, she a bit rough and not running, gonna cure that shortly.

IMG_3297.JPG

IMG_3298.JPG

Back