• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Unobtanium!! Radio block off plate

Status
Not open for further replies.

gdrill

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I realize this will be nearly if not impossible to find, but I have a long build ahead so I may as well start the search now! My car was not ordered with a radio and if possible I would like to find a block off plate for it. Preferably the smooth version as opposed to the ribbed one. If I don't find one I will attempt to convert a radio plate and see how that works. Besides, maybe by the time one comes up our dollar, (or 50 cent piece as it nearly is!), will be closer to par again!
Thanx FEBO members.

The 1970 Hamtramck Registry E-Body Radio Page

Last edited:

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Tough part to find. I've been looking for ten years.

There is a guy on moparts that will make one for you. It will look as factory did. Forget who it was. Do some searching there.

gdrill

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanx Cuda Hunter. Ya I know I'm dreaming here, but thought I'd throw it out there anyway. I know there is one here close to me but the guy who parted my car out doesn't have a very good reputation and likely would have sold it off by now. I will look into the guy you mentioned.
Thanx again.

fastx

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a smooth one that I had almost forgot about, I may put it on the bay to sell but Im a little worried about shipping it sure would hate for it to get broken in transit.

gdrill

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I figured you bought it. I was away at work when it went to egay and missed the auction. I'll probably end up putting a radio in as I doubt another will pop up. Funny, I'm sure back in the day guys would ad a radio if the car was ordered without. Now those of us with those cars would rather have the block off plate in order to conform to the build sheet.

gdrill

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure. I made what I thought was a fairly decent offer to the person above that said he had one. He ebayed it and I missed the action so I don't even know what it went for. I realize some people will pay lots for certain hard to come by stuff though. I am in the process of figuring out how to make one right now. I just need the right texture on the filler patch and it will have to be good enough for my car.

Falbz

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure. I made what I thought was a fairly decent offer to the person above that said he had one. He ebayed it and I missed the action so I don't even know what it went for. I realize some people will pay lots for certain hard to come by stuff though. I am in the process of figuring out how to make one right now. I just need the right texture on the filler patch and it will have to be good enough for my car.

I won that eBay auction but it did not reach the reserve. Think it reached 90 something as it was awhile ago. I had a lot higher max bid amount but nobody bid the auction up. Best of luck.

Coupe

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you're willing to settle for less than original, a plastic dash pocket from a "Honda", (sorry about that) fills that hole almost perfectly. Then you have handy place for sunglasses. When you find the plate you,re looking for, its easily replaced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back