• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

CUDA SHAKER BUBBLE QUESTIONS

72 fishbone

Reaction score
I have a 1972 Cuda 440 that I am in the process of building and I'm down to the shaker hood
can someone with knowledge on how this all fits together please guide me on how it all works.
or point me in the direction of a web sight where I can find this info.
also if possible can you post photos if not you can PM me the photos.
thank you.

Racer57

Reaction score
You want the bottom intake slot of the shaker even with the hood. There's a lot of variables due to what intake your using etc, so you will need to check without having any spacers between the intake and carb then add if needed from there.

72 fishbone

Reaction score
Racer thank you for the response I appreciate it but I already have the clearance down I need guidance on how the bubble fits to the base plate and then the carb.

Racer57

Reaction score
(1)Place the baseplate over the carb, (2)then the airfilter, (3)airfilter cover and (3)wingnut. (4)Place the bubble over everything and (5)bolt it down along the outside edges.

Is this what you mean ?

72 fishbone

Reaction score
(1)Place the baseplate over the carb, (2)then the airfilter, (3)airfilter cover and (3)wingnut. (4)Place the bubble over everything and (5)bolt it down along the outside edges.

Is this what you mean ?
Thank you,
that will work for me SIR but now om trying to figure out does the wing nut hold down the whole shaker piece or is there any mounts besides the ones that sit on top of the valve covers?

Racer57

Reaction score
With my 383 I only have the wingnut. I figure that once the hood is closed, its not going anywhere. :D

Racer57

Reaction score
"With my 383 I only have the wingnut. I figure that once the hood is closed, its not going anywhere. "

That's assuming you have the rubber seal on the base plate that makes contact with the hood. :D

Chryco

Reaction score
I have a 1972 Cuda 440 that I am in the process of building and I'm down to the shaker hood
can someone with knowledge on how this all fits together please guide me on how it all works.
or point me in the direction of a web sight where I can find this info.
also if possible can you post photos if not you can PM me the photos.
thank you.
If you are looking for the best made USA made shaker bubble or adaptor ring let me know , thanks

Back