• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Looking for a 1970 Challenger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyro273

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Hi team,

Brand new member and I've decided that it's time to for me to replace the 1970 Challenger I had when I was 16 and stupidly sold.

I've tried to locate my original car but I can't find the VIN and the VA DMV won't give me any info on past cars I've registered in the state. I'm willing to PAY to find this car so if anyone has any ideas on how else to track it down please let me know. All I know is that I sold it to a guy in suburban MD (maybe Howard County?) who was a big Mopar guy in the area in 1981/1982.

Baring the miracle above, I am looking for a 1970 that is in need of a pretty decent restoration but the more complete the better but it doesn't need to have the engine and/or transmission. I don't want a basket case(and I've found a few so far) but I can deal with some body panel/floor pan replacement if needed. Target price is 10K -15K and the more numbers that match the better but that's not a hard requirement. Not looking to resell once it's done and plan on doing most of the work myself.

Any ideas?

Pyro

Mopar Nut

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome aboard Pyro!

Good luck on finding your 70, i'm still looking for mine out of Va. or Md. too.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Welcome to the site from the Motor City! How about some details and a picture of your old car, might help.

Pyro273

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, guys. It was a JHL auto, 2.73 rear burnt orange w/ a burnt orange interior and a white vinyl top. 15" rallye wheels, rallye dash, power windows, light group (I think), am/fm, factory ac. I blew the 383 up and put in a 440. It was optioned like an SE but it wasn't one; just a nicely optioned H code.

I don't have any pictures that I know of but I'm still looking as well. Obviously I really didn't appreciate what I had at the time :(

convdart440

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good luck with your search I hope you find it. She sounds like a very cool car

Jblake

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
70 Challegner, originally a 318, now a 340, 727. Runs, Originally A/C car, still has AC stuff. In eastern Iowa but was a texas car

IMG_0338.JPG

IMG_0339.JPG

IMG_0341.JPG

Rdwsp

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpg
image.jpg
I got ones for sale 70 rally – four speed pistol grip 69 340 X said rally tips originally 318 car it's an arty tribute rally hood buckets complete interior seats need to be recovered original woodgrain steering 8 3/4 policy runs great

image.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back