• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Oldest member to ever start a welcome thread

wingcarenvy

Reaction score
Funny thing is I have been a member here for 5-6 years but have never formally introduced myself. I am Chris, middle aged dude who has been working on, restoring, racing, and collecting Mopars since I was 14. I still have my first car too, a Dart. But I digress, I have owned a few Cudas in the way past but have longed for a T/A Challenger since I laid eyes on one from the perch of my sweet BMX bike. That was 1981, I think. The car I was looking at was owned by my my Dads boss. Now I am very excited to tell the world that I finally got my hooks into a real deal T/A. Christmas came a little late this year but well worth the wait.

IMG_5777.JPG

IMG_5711.JPG

wingcarenvy

Reaction score
Here are some pics of the T/As that inspired me to get one. BTW, he owned all 4 cars in this photo and a half dozen more which were all Hemi cars. Crazy collection.

IMG_5756.PNG

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from the Motor City! The T/A and the A66 cars are my favorite E bodies(next to one Butterscotch convertible of course). Your Sublime T/A looks incredible, has it been restored? Is it a 4 speed? Did it come out of that same collection?

wingcarenvy

Reaction score
Yes its a 4 speed. The pictures of the other cars of my friends cars back in the day. The blue T/A he just bought back last year. He originally found that one in a barn (literally) in Pennsylvania in the early eighties. He owned it for about a decade then sold it to Otis Chandler then it went to England then to the Wellborn museum and then back home. Its a 30K mile unrestored car that is pretty stunning.

wingcarenvy

Reaction score
Hey Matt, hows the junkyard dog? I have been following its resto all along over on FBBO.

wingcarenvy

Reaction score
Thats a bummer. I have a 70 Swinger that spent 3 years at a body shop and I finally just pulled it out. Its still not painted.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
It's fine where it's at, I don't know what I'd do with it if it were painted tomorrow. I am very excited to get it done though and I'm currently having the steering column restored for it.

wingcarenvy

Reaction score
Hey burnt! I am turbodart68 over on FABO. We met at cruising Grand a few years ago. How's it going?

Back