• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

What is the name of this broken part??

Shut

Reaction score
7F0EA421-AB45-4B33-8C34-D21910C41AA3_zpse5vdp7wy.jpg

69D83556-6EF7-4AE3-8E6B-976DBF667C3F_zpsk5botsdp.jpg

I broke this part, I need to buy it

Thanks in advance

moparlee

Reaction score
You are also going to want to replace the plastic bushings and the o-rings that hold them together.

moparlee

Reaction score
BS765B bolts directly to the bellhousing and BS766F bolts to the frame rail. Check the bellhousing one for wear as you may need that one also. The shoulder diameter is different for each one.

convdart440

Reaction score
they are all correct. the assembly is the torque shaft, with 2 ball studs 1 on the bell housing the other on the frame (body) (yes I know uni body cars no frame) , nylon washers and seals. Everything is available at brewers performance very affordable. I also bought the throw out bearing kit from MP. That came with the bearing,fork ,adjustable rod with the spring c clip and washers. Check the pivot joint bracket where the fork pivots, and the bracket where the ball stud attaches to the bell housing for being straight. I went thru 3 clutches before It snapped one day. If you can afford it replace whatever you can, it will save you time, money and aggravation later on. Good luck

DetMatt1

Reaction score
That should cover it if your plans include a complete rebuild. You may even have a couple of things you don't need so let's back up a few steps. Did you pull this gearbox out of your car specifically to rebuild it? Did you confirm that it is original to your car? If not what year is it? What makes you think you need the countershaft and the retainer adapter?

Shut

Reaction score
is not original from the car, but is in the car now. the gearbox and engine is from 1970

Im going to restore due this problem:

A833 restoration

I dont know if I need the countershaft and the retainer adapter...

thanks!!!

DetMatt1

Reaction score
If the large diameter of the front bearing retainer is the same as the large hole in the mating surface of your bell housing then you don't need the adapter. I know being in Spain does complicate things a bit as far as getting the parts in a timely manor but I would get the parts you know you need such as all the ball stud parts, rebuild kit and synchro rings. If upon taking it apart you find you need some other parts, order them then. I'm not a 4 speed expert(I have a buddy that I rely on for that) but I do know that there was a change in those stop rings for 1970 and possibly some late '69 units so you definitely want to be sure when your box was built and order accordingly.

Shut

Reaction score
Thanks!! I send a lot of pics to brewers the identification its OK but thanks!!!

Back