• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

anyone have problems w new door shells

krenzy_84

Reaction score
hi I have a 74 Challenger project I'm working on for a customer. Car is in assembly now and were putting in the windows in and this is where my problems start. First off there are no spots cut into the door and there is no framing for the window stops. Has anyone had this or have a fix. Also there are slots where the welting screws go that are way to big to use the original screws. Guess ill just have to get bigger dia. ones. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Classic industries said they have never heard of any problem with them. I can post pics if needed. thanks

krenzy_84

Reaction score
challenger door pic.jpg
challenger pic 2.jpg
challenger pic 3.jpg
challenger pic 4.jpg

As you can see the old door have a hole and a metal brace for the stop. The new doors have nothing.

71droptop

Reaction score
These are door shells-not skins right.?
I was going to purchase New skins from AMD-use my existing doors frame-
Anybody have experience with these ?
Thanks in Advance

krenzy_84

Reaction score
yes these are door shells. I would have skinned these but they were all rusted out on the bottom inside. Anyone else have some ideas on what I can do??????

quapman

Reaction score
Can you drill out the spot welds and move the missing parts to the new doors? 74 doors are their own animal. Heavier, more bracing, different holes in the glass. Since there were so few made, nobody bothered to repop the added features.

krenzy_84

Reaction score
well that would have been good to know when I ordered the doors. As in classic industries should have a note about that. Do you know how the stops on the older 70-73 are mounted maybe I can get some of those.

Back