• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Downright Depressing

sportster2000

Reaction score
What a way for a new member to start off on a forum. I am originally from Southern Indiana. I noticed that there aren't that many good "junkyards" out there anymore. There is one in Southern Indiana that is known as Mopar Mountain. It was called that long before I was born. Don't know if anyone on here is familiar with it. Anyway I am going to throw two or three pictures on here and I hope it doesn't make a lot of you depressed because it makes me kind of depressed looking at all of it just sitting there. I have a lot more pictures but it just represents more of the same in the two pics.
DSCF0061.JPG

DSCF0039.JPG

sportster2000

Reaction score
Thanks, I try to go there once every two years just to look around. The last time the owner was getting fed up with it all and threatened to crush all of it. Since scrap prices are down I bet he hasn't yet.

challenger6pak

Reaction score
Like to see more pics. Since the 70's, cars in my area have had a week on the line and then on to the crusher.

sportster2000

Reaction score
I can do that. This should give you an idea of how big this place it. Last time I was there it took me 4 hours to look around. I took over 300 pictures last time. If anyone actually wants to visit it I will tell who ever asks where it is.

DSCF0025.JPG

DSCF0048.JPG

DSCF0083.JPG

DSCF0139.JPG

DSCF0245.JPG

moparlee

Reaction score
You say that you go once in awhile to just walk around. Is anything for sale or is it one of those places that say "I may need that for a future project"?

sportster2000

Reaction score
From what I have experienced every single item there is for sale except for the items in his own garage that he drives. His wrecker is a lifted Power Wagon on 40 inch Super Swampers. It is a business that his father started many years ago.

Last edited:

challenger6pak

Reaction score
Looks like a Saint Regis with a Cadillac bumper????

Thanks for the pics Sportster.

sportster2000

Reaction score
I went back to this place this past weekend. Had a lot of fun there. Didn't see any snakes this time thankfully. Is there anyway to tell if a car has a suregrip rear end in it by the VIN? A friend and I were trying to find one for him. Some of the data tags are gone and others are so rusted that one can't read them. There were some cars where we could turn the yoke from inside the car to see if both sides were turning. No luck so far but there were a lot of cars sitting on the ground which made it difficult to look at. We did find one 440 with trans outside of a car complete, one 413 with no trans that had a automatic on it, and one 400 complete in the car that only had 132,000 miles on it.

I saw these interesting trucks while I was there and one question, what is the car in the last picture? I could not find any identification on who made it or where it was made. No model number on it or manufacture anywhere. It is a tiny car. He had IH Scouts everywhere. It started to become a running joke while we were there.

DSCF4673.JPG

DSCF4687.JPG

DSCF4655.JPG

DSCF4759.JPG

sportster2000

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I never even heard of them before. That car was a curiosity to me for a number of years and never figured that someone would actually know what it was.

73DAD

Reaction score
Yeah that place was pretty unreal when joe and i went down there with you. It's no exaggeration, it truly takes 3 hours to look at all the 62-74 B & E body mopars! I think it would be easier to list mopars we didn't see.

The guy noticeably didn't have A-bodies though.

sportster2000

Reaction score
Talk about resurrecting a thread, I was reading the Nov 2017 Hot Rod magazine and noticed an article that peaked my interest. Something in it seemed familiar. It was this junkyard but it did not list location or name of it. The yellow 73 or 74 Challenger in the lower left corner of the article is the car that I pulled the heater/ac box out of for my car. For some reason this got me all excited.

It is in West Fork Indiana. On google it comes up as Mike's Used Auto Part

Back