• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

'73 Challenger Rallye Restoration

Bill

Reaction score
Power switch with fuse installed.
006.jpg

Bill

Reaction score
Nice job Bill, you should be proud of your work
Thanks rbbruno. After my family, this car is the next coolest thing I have ever done in my life. I love driving it. I have almost accomplished my three main goals that I set 4 years ago of having the car look nice, drive nice and sound nice. I don't know if a car like this is ever "done" but it's getting close.

Bill

Reaction score
G'day fellow E bodies.
3 speed wiper motor not working properly. It works okay when I bench tested it a year ago but does not like to work properly when installed in the car. Problems are only getting one speed and not parking. I ran a separate wire from the switch case to ground and I get all 3 speeds but I still do not get park. I did the following test to see if the motor park works. Disconnected the motor plug from the firewall, jumped the motor brown to green on the plug and put a jumper from battery negative to the red wire and a jumper from battery positive to the blue wire going to the motor. When I did this the wipers went into park. I ran a separate ground from the motor to ground and still did not park. Any help would be great. Thank you!

Bill

Reaction score

Bill

Reaction score
Yup... That's EXACTLY what mine is doing other than when I run a separate ground to the switch and a separate ground to the motor it still will not go to park. I'll will hopefully get it figured out today. Thanks for the video Leo. Helps a "ton"!
The red wire spade connector on the molex plug at the firewall plug was pushed through to the inside not allowing electrical contact to be made on the red wire. I ran a separate wire to ground from the back of the switch base plate, fixed the firewall terminal and now it works as it did when it came off the line in 1973 (very cool stuff!). On to the next project of running a separate wire from the radio all the way back to the battery positive terminal before my shut off switch. When I turn the switch off in the trunk the radio looses all of it's settings and I need to reset all the stations, treble, bass, etc... every time I go to turn the car on with the battery switch. There is a separate wire they want you to run direct to power all the time and another through the ignition circuit. Don't worry, I will put a fuse at the battery lol :)

Bill

Reaction score
Run radio wire direct to battery. "Check".
Wire trunk light. "Check". (cool how the light socket works when the lid is opened)
The punch list is getting smaller!
It's a weird feeling driving by the local NAPA and thinking "I don't need to buy anything form them today"! lol

Last edited:

74chlngrTT5.9

Reaction score
Run radio wire direct to battery. "Check".
Wire trunk light. "Check". (cool how the light socket works when the lid is opened)
The punch list is getting smaller!
It's a weird feeling driving by the local NAPA and thinking "I don't need to buy anything form them today"! lol

Getting closer there. Nice to hear.
Wish I could bypass mine for awhile.

Bill

Reaction score
On November 20th 2012 I started this post by saying "Hello, Mr. Novice here". Since I don't really have any true gear head friends (yet), I live in a house full of women and it seems like everyone has their own opinion on how to do things, I usually get the best information I am looking for from this ebodiesonly.com. I have a new Quick fuel Slayer series SL-600-VS 600 CFM Vac. Secondary carburetor. I was wondering if anyone can walk me through the best way to set the mixture up to run at it's peak efficiency. It smells rich. Runs good just smells rich. I leaned the mixture by turning the mixture screws in a little and it does not run as well. When I drive down a flat highway at a steady throttle position I get a little hesitation every few seconds. When the car is running great it smells pretty rich?? Any suggestions on tuning procedures would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!

js29

Reaction score
Take A look at your spark plugs, see if they are A nice tan color. dark or blackish color would be A sign of it being Rich.

Last edited:

Bill

Reaction score
Has anyone ever fabbed up seat extensions? I'm 6'2" and a little more leg room would be nice.
Thanks!

74chlngrTT5.9

Reaction score
I have seen a thread where someone has added extensions. They were also very simple. Will try and dig up something.

Mike

Bill

Reaction score
I have seen a thread where someone has added extensions. They were also very simple. Will try and dig up something.

Mike
Thanks Mike. Any help would be great. I purchased some steel yesterday and have something in mind but it would be nice to see what others have done.

74chlngrTT5.9

Reaction score
Thanks Mike. Any help would be great. I purchased some steel yesterday and have something in mind but it would be nice to see what others have done.
Bill,
Sent you a pm. Check your inbox...

Mike

Bill

Reaction score
Classic Industries had a 25% off sale. Purchased trunk trim, new hood trim and rear bumpetts. My car is a 73. Can anyone tell me how the 70-72 bumperetts mount? Seems like I may need to fab up some kind of bracket?

001.jpg

002.jpg

Back