• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Super stock springs

Muddytruckin

Reaction score
i have a 73 challenger with a 440. Looking for new leaf springs. Thinking of going with the 3300lb springs in the car. The car is full weight so probably about 3600ish. Would that spring selection help it not ride like a dump truck or sag in the back? I currently have XHD springs, some fabricated coils on top of them(bought it like that), and air shocks. I don't fill the shocks because I don't want to break the upper mount.

Last edited:

Muddytruckin

Reaction score
A pic of the setup

image.jpeg

Muddytruckin

Reaction score
Got around to taking the coils off to see ride height. Can't get two fingers between the tires and the quarters.

image.jpeg

74 challenger

Reaction score
espo plus 2 dont buy the mopar spring there junk ,bought a set and then bought espos +2.

P1020444.JPG

Muddytruckin

Reaction score
How do the espo +2 compare to the ride height of a super stock spring and how is the ride? What size is the tire in your picture?

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
I second Espo , you may just want a +1 though to lift the rear slightly Espo +2 would be higher than a typical SS spring

72chally440

Reaction score
I just did the ESPO +1. Couldn't be happier. Great product. Great service. Car looks great. See pics on my restoration, but keep in mind the car is not at full weight yet so it might sit a little lower when the car is done

Back