• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

6 Pak Carb Rebuild

Jalaska907

Reaction score
Im looking for a company that I can send my six pack carbs to to get rebuilt. I want my original carbs rebuilt and sent back to me, no remans. Thanks for the help!

Jalaska907

Reaction score
Just to let ya know, Holley wanted 1k to do the carbs. I talked to a resto guy and he said stay away from Holley restorations. They use in correct parts and the finish isnt very good. I chose to use Eric at Vintage Muscle Car Parts. He came very highly recommended.

Jalaska907

Reaction score
Got my carbs back from Eric. Awsome job and even better service! Got all my old parts back also. Very pleased

Randra

Reaction score
Don't send it there. Had two carbs done. One for my Camaro the choke was gumed up with paint. And my AVS was sent for a rebuild and rejeting. came back and the bill said no warranty. the secondary shoe was rubbing causing it to stick fixed that and installed it car ran like crap. Eventually wouldn't run at all.called him and he said he wanted nothing to do with it. Took it apart and the float wasn't set right and a jet was loose and was drilled out because he couldn't find them. Reinstalled and it still ran like crap. Now I've got a 600 dollar paper weight. Put on an edelbrock runs great. Should've did that in the first place.

Adrian Worman

Reaction score
When these firms do a full restoration on carbs do they jet and set idle circuits, boosters etc to factory specs or do they compensate for modern fuel blends and more aggresive spark timing?

i've still got a complete '71 SixPack induction for my RB and I was going to use ProMax billet metering plates in both outer carbs and a baseplate with side idle adjustment on the rear carb.

challenger6pak

Reaction score
I agree with Leo. Scott at Harms is good and he is an honest person to deal with.

dongei

Reaction score
I used Phil Fish and very happy with his work. The man just KNOWS his stuff. Very reasonable with his pricing.

Back