• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Missing wiring harness

sportster2000

Reaction score
In my journey to get my car together (1974 Challenger) I discovered that I am missing a wiring harness under the hood. I have my lights and the engine harness but the third connector that goes to the main harness under that dash is missing. It is the furthest one to the passenger side of the connector. Which one am I missing?

sportster2000

Reaction score
I was looking there but is the third connector on the pass through harness (closest to the passenger side of the connector) the windshield wiper harness?

sportster2000

Reaction score
Everything, but seriously when I bought the car a lot of things were missing such as a few wiring harnesses, engine, transmission, entire dash, and radiator. I am slowly piecing it back together. I bought a service manual for the car and it actually did not show me anything about where any of the wires go so I have an engine wiring harness that I have to figure out where each wire goes and nothing on the harness was labeled. In short I have a bit of work left to to.

moparleo

Reaction score
If it is not the factory harness and has been butchered. It would be worth getting a complete new harness. They are new, fresh wiring not brittle. They come labeled where they go, and when you are done everything will work. Its only money. So put it on a card and go for it. The best decision you will ever make.

quapman

Reaction score
Sounds like he just needs the wiper and trans harnesses, not the whole enchilada.

sportster2000

Reaction score
I have the trans reverse sensor, does that plug into the wiper harness or is it integral to the wiper harness? I already have a new engine harness in the engine compartment and a new harness under the dash. The guy that had it before me was making it into a drag car and took a drill and air chisel to the dash to remove items so you can imagine what he did to the wiring harnesses.

AUSTA

Reaction score
I have the trans reverse sensor, does that plug into the wiper harness or is it integral to the wiper harness? I already have a new engine harness in the engine compartment and a new harness under the dash. The guy that had it before me was making it into a drag car and took a drill and air chisel to the dash to remove items so you can imagine what he did to the wiring harnesses.
Might help top left wiper plug bottom left trans neutral sensor green is air con fan my blue is not connected power harness lighting & engine on right

firewallplug.jpg

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
4 plugs into the bulk head
- 8 pin lights
- 8 pin engine
- 4 pin wiper
- 4 pin trans / reverse light

sportster2000

Reaction score
I have two yellow wires that come together in a single one pin connector off of the engine harness that I cannot figure out hat it goes too. Anyone have a clue on it? Spent 4 hours last Saturday labeling the wires and figuring out what is what on the harness. There is also a black wire with a ring terminal on it that I also have no clue what it is but everything else is figured out.

AUSTA

Reaction score
I have two yellow wires that come together in a single one pin connector off of the engine harness that I cannot figure out hat it goes too. Anyone have a clue on it? Spent 4 hours last Saturday labeling the wires and figuring out what is what on the harness. There is also a black wire with a ring terminal on it that I also have no clue what it is but everything else is figured out.
Are the 2 yellow wires on the engine side or the dash side of the connector.
The only yellow i can see goes to the start relay near the battery along with a wire with a yellow stripe on the other side.
The 4 speed manual has 1 side of the relay soldered to ground & only uses 1 wire.
What plug are they in & what is the pin count from top of connector going down L & R or are they both on the same side

sportster2000

Reaction score
It is on the engine side. It is a single female spade style connector. Two solid yellow wires going into the connection from the same side. They come out of the harness which is taped up so I cannot tell where exactly it splits off from.

Back