• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Power window question

Yu8mydust

Reaction score
The lift spring for my 1971 Barracuda power window regulator is missing. Will the lift spring from a manuel regulator work? If not will a b body spring work?

Last edited:

moparleo

Reaction score
Welcome aboard. I can't answer that question but I am sure that one of the many members here should have that answer for you. Good luck. And how about a few more pictures if you have them?

Yu8mydust

Reaction score
image.jpg

DetMatt1

Reaction score
I don't have an answer for you either but that's a nice Cuda and I see a burnt orange interior on that vert.. Spill it, let's hear some details.
And whose the hottie behind the wheel?

Yu8mydust

Reaction score
Wow you've got a good eye! I bought it without seeing it from New Hampshire. Burnt orange with burnt orange interior, white top, 383 auto. Guy failed to mention it was rusted out. Had the floors, trunk, quarters, front and rear frame replaced but ran out of money. It's been my dream car since high school but life gets in the way. That's my wife getting a little time behind the wheel, she's very patient.

challenger6pak

Reaction score
The answer to your question is maybe. When both manual and power coils are measured across they are both right at 3 inches. The difference is the width of the coil material. The power is narrower and probably weaker. The pin on the power regulator is shorter. You will have to notch the manual spring to put it on the power regulator. It will be more strain on the motor to lower the window with the manual spring. It may not hurt anything. A plus is the window will go up faster making it easier to grab the arm of a car jacker. If it would work, I would switch mine out to go up faster. Let me know if you try the manual spring and how it works out.

Yu8mydust

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I'm going to stick with a power spring I found, the manual spring looks like it would be too much
image.jpg

Last edited:
Back