• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Rainy day

dadeo1852

Reaction score
Joined a few weeks ago & can't seem to not visit this site every damn day, too cool! Anyways mine is an all numbers matching V-code super trac pack stripe delete car. Bought it in 2000 got carried away in the resto (took 9 years and 1 marriage) but I do enjoy the car. Just need to get out more if this Mich. weather & road construction
09nats 011.JPG
will let me.

09nats 015.JPG

DSCN0160.JPG

DSCN0162.JPG

DSCN0181.JPG

moparlee

Reaction score
Beautiful Challenger and welcome to the site! Is your car sitting in the Finer Details tent at the Mopar Nats in that one pic? Where in Michigan are you from?

dadeo1852

Reaction score
moparlee,
Pic is at the Mopar Nats but nothing to do with Finer Details tent. Happened to be a Nat's specialty area that I snuck into on the last day since there was only 1 other car there.
I'm outside of Detroit maybe 20 miles in Milford Township.

dadeo1852

Reaction score
The body work & paint was done at a shop (Jim-Tech) in Clinton twp. The nut & bolt & all small parts along with dis-assembly & assembly I did out of my garage. Bought the car from Robert Yapell out of Florida (mopar guy) who owned the only export hemi '70 coronet convertible built.
He had a whole lot of Mopars down there and more parts than you can imagine.

dadeo1852

Reaction score
Welcome to the Madness !!
Thanks all for the kudos (to all). Looking forward to cruisin' all summer just can't go far with that 4:10 or else I'll have gas buddys' galore. Dig looking at all the old Chrysler rides especially E bodies. Must of been all them kid years drooling. Need to change the oil and was hoping those new restoration oil filters were available for no go so far.

challenger6pak

Reaction score
Welcome to the board. I know your car and have even pushed it around at one time. Looks like you did an awesome restoration on it. Robert is a close friend of many years.

dadeo1852

Reaction score
Welcome to the board. I know your car and have even pushed it around at one time. Looks like you did an awesome restoration on it. Robert is a close friend of many years.
What do you mean 'pushed it around at one time'? You mean in Florida at Roberts?

challenger6pak

Reaction score
Yes. Many times it is easier just to push a car out of the way there, than it is to put a battery in it and move it. He has had several cars go through there. Too many cars to count. It is still that way. I know Galen has looked at your car. He may not have done a paper on it, but he has looked at everything at Roberts. He was there a month ago going over things.

dadeo1852

Reaction score
Yes. He has had several. Too many cars to count. It is still that way there.
Holy
Yes. Many times it is easier just to push a car out of the way there, than it is to put a battery in it and move it. He has had several cars go through there. Too many cars to count. It is still that way. I know Galen has looked at your car. He may not have done a paper on it, but he has looked at everything at Roberts. He was there a month ago going over things.
Yeah, I was down there for the whole weekend trying to decide whether I should buy it or not and Robert was cool, showing me all the cars and the trailers full of parts. He also told me that Galen visits him periodically and knows the car. I bought this car from him in 2000 and he was just getting into the 'bandit' cars.

Back