• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

New with a '70 barracuda

Turbostang7

Reaction score
So I picked up me dream car, a '70 e-body. Right now I am gathering info on where I want to go with it.
I have always wanted a 70 hemi 'Cuda but talking the wife into letting me buy a hemi engine is proving difficult lol.
Here are a few pictures of the car for you guys!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

moparleo

Reaction score
Welcome aboard. 1970 is my favorite as well. Have had 6 of them over the years. Luckily all of the sheet metal is now available new. So you can toss most of the rusty stuff.
First you need a plan. And a factory service manual. The factory body manual. They are available very reasonably on line in the form of CD's. That way you can print the sections that you are using with out getting a very expensive manual all dirty and greasy. As many books as you can find on restoring Mopars in general and E-bodies in particular. A good air compressor and a good assortment of quality tools. You are going to need a place to work and store parts in for more than just a while. Take lots of pictures of the whole car top to bottom before and during the teardown. Gets lots of baggies and labels/marking pens. Bag and tag every thing even if you are not going to reuse it. It is much easier to find out where a part went months or even years later. Make some good Mopar friends if you don't already have some. Always better to work with some help then to try to do everything yourself.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from the Motor City! Looks like you already have a couple of helpers.

340challconvert

Reaction score
A lot of potential there.
Good advice being given.
I have found some excellent restoration pics on this site that have helped me in my resto work for my own A66 vert (also Y1 Yellow)
Good luck with your build!
Dino2 (1).gif

Last edited:

challenger6pak

Reaction score
Welcome to the site. Don't throw anything away until you have a replacement for it. Many people have tossed things because they plan to buy a reproduction. You never know if a company might go out of business. Then you find yourself with no reproduction part and no original.

Turbostang7

Reaction score
I am always looking for parts, what all do you have for a '70? So far from what I can tell (without dissecting it) is quarters, roof, a-pillars, trunk floor, trunk extension panel, rear valance, right rocker and rear tail panel. I'm sure there will be more as I pull parts.

Already came with a passenger fender to replace the one in the pic, and a rallye hood. Must have a shaker though lol

Back