• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

1973 front and rear bumper

Reaction score
I want to get anyway from the bumpers sticking out but can i just get 70 cuda brackets and will it fit on a 73 cuda and 73 bumpers ?

EV2-70

Reaction score
That should do the trick, we have been doing that with challengers for some time now. We had to remove the plastic filler inserts but then they fit well.

EV2-70

Reaction score
Front and rear bumper brackets from a 70 will draw the bumpers in closer. You may also need the lower flat steel brackets for the rear bumperettes. BUT, you might be able to use the lower brackets you have now...

EV2RTSE

Reaction score
I want to get anyway from the bumpers sticking out but can i just get 70 cuda brackets and will it fit on a 73 cuda and 73 bumpers ?

You can use your existing 73 front bumper and brackets and just drill new holes in the brackets to move the bumper back closer to the body. For the rear you would need to cut, shorten and re-weld the brackets to move the bumper in, or as mentioned use a 70-72 bumper along with 70-72 bumper brackets. The 73 bumper wont bolt up to the earlier brackets, the holes are in different locations.

Back