• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

'71 Cuda Manifolds

Claudia

Reaction score
I am currently building a 440 to go in a '71 Cuda. I have some clearance concerns related to the manifolds and valve covers. I don’t know if the HP manifolds will clear my Mopar Performance valve covers, see Pic #1 below. Pic #2 are the stock (log) manifolds and Pic #3 are the HP manifolds. Looking to see if anyone is running the MP valve covers and what type of manifolds (log vs HP) you have on it as well as any issues that you had or have?

Pic #1 – Clearance Concern
C:\Users\blankwa\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image001.jpg

Pic #2 – Stock (log) manifold
C:\Users\blankwa\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image003.jpg

Pic #3 – HP manifolds
C:\Users\blankwa\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image004.jpg

Pic #1.JPG

Pic #2.JPG

Pic #3.jpg

moparlee

Reaction score
The HP manifolds will clear the MP valve covers on a 440, but just barely on the passenger side. I have the same combination in my 69 GTX. The only issue is that it's a little tricky getting that one hidden bolt/stud nut in place.

Claudia

Reaction score
moparlee - Any issues with heat from the manifolds or cracked / leaking valve cover gaskets? What type of valve cover gaskets did you use?

moparlee

Reaction score
moparlee - Any issues with heat from the manifolds or cracked / leaking valve cover gaskets? What type of valve cover gaskets did you use?

Did have an issue on first start up. The exhaust manifolds got cherry red, scorched the valve cover paint and cooked the gasket on the passenger side. I am just using Felpro cork gaskets with a very thin coating of black RTV and have had no issue since initial start up.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
The HP manifolds will clear the MP valve covers on a 440, but just barely on the passenger side. I have the same combination in my 69 GTX. The only issue is that it's a little tricky getting that one hidden bolt/stud nut in place.
Have we seen this GTX of yours?

Claudia

Reaction score
Can anyone provide the correct casting numbers for the stock (log) manifolds for a '71 Barracuda w/ 440?

Back