• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Cuda Convertible Door Panels

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikes71

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Looking for a good quality set of door panels for a 71 Cuda convertible (especially the rears). Not that it really matters this is a Grand coupe CV with power windows. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you, Mike

John Cardamon

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found Tension Springs Trunk Hinge Torsion Rods for a 70 cuda, but mine is a convertible, Are they the same as the hard top ones?
If not do you know where to get them, or a modern hydraulic, or mechanical set up?

crocha617

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found Tension Springs Trunk Hinge Torsion Rods for a 70 cuda, but mine is a convertible, Are they the same as the hard top ones?
If not do you know where to get them, or a modern hydraulic, or mechanical set up?

They are definately not the same. They are a different length. I have some I can measure for you but they are incredibly hard to find when you need them. There is a guy selling a ton of convertible stuff on ebay right now at very reasonable prices. He doesn't have any listed but you should ask him if he has some. he took apart a convertible at some point and may have them. There is another guy out west that will definately have them but they won't be cheap. Contact me if you get desperate and I will give you his info.

John Cardamon

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are definately not the same. They are a different length. I have some I can measure for you but they are incredibly hard to find when you need them. There is a guy selling a ton of convertible stuff on ebay right now at very reasonable prices. He doesn't have any listed but you should ask him if he has some. he took apart a convertible at some point and may have them. There is another guy out west that will definately have them but they won't be cheap. Contact me if you get desperate and I will give you his info.
Ok, yes, if you have a tell number for anyone that would be great
John

Avalanche

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why would the tension bars be different from a vert to a hardtop. The trunk lid is the same, so why are the bars different?
Just trying to educate myself.

John Cardamon

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That does make since, because I measured the trunk from supports, and guides, and it is the same, but a few people still believe they are different, may just the 1970 cuda trunks are the same, I don't know.
John

crocha617

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will measure them when I get home and verify but it will be a few days. I'm pretty sure they are different then hardtops although thinking about it I don't know why they would be either.

John Cardamon

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, my 70 convertible trunk measurement from spring holder to spring holder is 40 1/4 inches, the bars them selves are 42 1/2 inches. it would seem to me that
the 1 3/4 inches extra is enough to circle back into the slots to hold in tight to the slots.
check it out

rs1

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for a good quality set of door panels for a 71 Cuda convertible (especially the rears). Not that it really matters this is a Grand coupe CV with power windows. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you, Mike

I have some convertible parts rear seat,rear panels ,power top motor and pistons..

mikes71

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have some convertible parts rear seat,rear panels ,power top motor and pistons..
Would you give me a physical description of what shape they are in & if they are original to the car? color? Pics would help if your able & what you may want for them. Thanks again, Mike

John Cardamon

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, fellow Cuda, and challenger owners, the answer you all have waiting for is in, - THE HARD TOP TORSION TRUNK LID SPRINGS ARE IN FACT A LITTLE LONGER, HOWEVER,- "THEY STILL WORK ON THE CONVERTIBLE TRUNK LID",
So that would lead me to believe that a convertible spring would not work on a hard top trunk.
John

John Cardamon

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The convertible hinges are 40" and the bars are 42" plus, so we bent the catch ends in just a little, and they work fine
John

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back