• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Fast Ratio Steering Arms Purchase

340challconvert

Reaction score
As I rebuild the front end, I want to add the fast ratio arms
Looked at:
PST: They have the pair for 189. Good price for the pair
Doesn't look like they fit the small sector shaft box.

Firm Feel:
The sell the pair as separate and have both (small 1 1/8) and large sector (1 1/4) shaft arms. $195 for the pitman, and $95 for the idler. $290 for the pair
Finally Pro-Forged sold by Just Suspensions and others
Proforged 103-10031 Fast Ratio Pitman Arm $122.54 (greaseable)
Proforged 102-10063 Fast Ratio Idler Arm $57.42 Just under $180 for the pair.
Leaning toward the Proforged units at the better price over Firm Feel
Any thoughts on this?
Dino2 (1).gif

Last edited:

340challconvert

Reaction score
Went with the Proforged Units for the under $180 for the pair price and free shipping from Amazon
Proforged
103-10031 Fast Ratio Pitman Arm $122.54 (greaseable)
Proforged 102-10063 Fast Ratio Idler Arm $57.42
Like the fact that they were greasable and had basically a lifetime guarantee.
They look beefy as hell.
Still would like to know if anyone has purchased these specific units and their feedback?

Dino2 (1).gif

js29

Reaction score
I bought A set from firm feel, the Pittman arm and inner tie rod grease fittings are hitting the torsion bar. I called them and was told to shim the steering box. I haven't had A chance to do it yet. the right side clashes with the exhaust, that will be an easy fix (big block).

AUSTA

Reaction score
Went with the Proforged Units for the under $180 for the pair price and free shipping from Amazon
Proforged
103-10031 Fast Ratio Pitman Arm $122.54 (greaseable)
Proforged 102-10063 Fast Ratio Idler Arm $57.42
Like the fact that they were greasable and had basically a lifetime guarantee.
They look beefy as hell.
Still would like to know if anyone has purchased these specific units and their feedback?

View attachment 28148
I used the fast ratio Firm feel Idler & Pitman also have the Borgenson fast ratio good responsive feel at the wheel
Used stubby R/H nipples to give a bit of clearance on the tie rods SB

340challconvert

Reaction score
I am next looking to send out my stock box to Firm Feel for a Level 2 rebuild in addition to the fast ratio arms. Have a small block 340, should be no clearance issues.
Not looking to run a road rally course, just want to tighten up and quicken the steering and response. Trying to maintain mostly stock where possible.
Thanks for the feedback!

I heard good things about the Borgenson box. You need to modify the steering shaft and use an adaptor on that unit?
Dino2 (1).gif

AUSTA

Reaction score
I am next looking to send out my stock box to Firm Feel for a Level 2 rebuild in addition to the fast ratio arms. Have a small block 340, should be no clearance issues.
Not looking to run a road rally course, just want to tighten up and quicken the steering and response. Trying to maintain mostly stock where possible.
Thanks for the feedback!

I heard good things about the Borgenson box. You need to modify the steering shaft and use an adaptor on that unit?
View attachment 28162
I didn't cut the shaft i used the universal joint coupler off a Toyota sized the shaft fitting then drilled for a drive pin
I have a FF3 with standard pitman & idler arm on my A66 not much effort required the main part is they re-machine the worm & fit oversize balls to remove the freeplay in the steering column have tried this with fast ratio setup feels similar to a modern vehicles resistance

PST

Reaction score
The fast ratio pitman arm that we offer is for the 1 1/8" sector shaft. If you have any questions on the products that we sell please let me know.

Thanks
James From
PST Marketing
1-800-247-2288
Ext 316

[email protected]
WWW.P-S-T.COM
Like Us On FACEBOOK
Facebook - Log In or Sign Up

All Members of this Forum are eligible for 10% off any order over $200 check out our forum section for details

340challconvert

Reaction score
The fast ratio pitman arm that we offer is for the 1 1/8" sector shaft. If you have any questions on the products that we sell please let me know.

Thanks
James From
PST Marketing
1-800-247-2288
Ext 316

[email protected]
WWW.P-S-T.COM
Like Us On FACEBOOK
Facebook - Log In or Sign Up

All Members of this Forum are eligible for 10% off any order over $200 check out our forum section for details

I have ordered from PST. For me, it is a local company and my last order came in two days. Your company worked out well for me.
Suggestion: add the information regarding sector shaft size for your arms in the ads on ebay and on your product website.
It would clarify what cars they fit. It was not clear! Not a criticism, just an observation. I appreciate your company offering members a discount for purchases.

I visited both sites prior to ordering and in fact if you use the compatibility feature on ebay for your product, it showed that the fast ratio arms were not compatible for my 1970 Dodge Challenger convertible (base car). I have found this discrepancy on both ebay and Amazon for different parts. That is why I thought they might have been for the large sector box.
Thank you again for supporting FEBO members with the discount.
Dino2 (1).gif

Last edited:
Back