• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

1970 Vitamin C Cuda Convertible

moparlee

Reaction score
Nice shiny parts there. That vert is going to be a beauty. Where did you have your plating done, they look great.

340challconvert

Reaction score
Really like the way the tail lite housings and trunk latch mechanism turned out!
Dino2 (1).gif

Cuda_mark

Reaction score
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Front end parts have been detailed and are getting put together....just need that engine back from the machine shop.

Off to Carlisle next week!

Cuda_mark

Reaction score
Picked up a shaker bubble and heater box at Carlisle. Heater box isnt perfect but it is impossible to find a front cover that isn't cracked!!!
IMG_3868.JPG
IMG_3869.JPG

340challconvert

Reaction score
I see a bunch of other Mopars in that shop (Charger, 2nd gen Cuda, 2gen Road Runner) and others.
There are some other cars (Mustang, old Caddy ambulance)
Does he specialize in Mopars?
Dino2 (1).gif

Cuda_mark

Reaction score
Yes, the heater box was redone. I bought it at Carlisle from "The Heater Box Guy". It's not perfect...it looks like there was a small chip in the front cover so he filed that edge down. The heater box cover has absolutely been the hardest part to find for this car. I don't want to use a plastic one so I've been searching for a good original for 2 years now.

The shop is Labrecque Autocraft in East Windsor, CT. He's about 10 minutes from where I work so I can stop in anytime. He does specialize in Mopars but he will do anything. He's had a lot of interesting cars come through. He just got an AAR Cuda dropped off that a guy had been storing for 30 years. Its rough!

drobertson

Reaction score
For I while there I was wondering whether you're Mark from GYC... Lol.

But very nice work! I am amazed at the detail!

Cuda7d

Reaction score
Looks awesome! Getting ready to start my Cuda 'vert next spring. Haven't decided on color yet. Is your suspension powder coated or painted? Are you doing anything to the cast parts(tie rod ends and such)to prevent rust?

Cuda_mark

Reaction score
Thanks. The suspension parts are all bead blasted, primed and then painted semi gloss or natural cast then cleared. Probably not as durable as powder coating but also probably looks closer to original. The lower control arms have a simulated cosmoline dip line.

Cuda_mark

Reaction score
Carbs being rebuilt and stainless tail panel trim installed.

Cuda_mark

Reaction score
Grille cracks repaired (I asked a couple of questions about the grille and valance in the body forum) and rear deck lid installed.
grille 1.JPG
grille 2.JPG
grille 3.JPG
trunk lid.JPG

Back