• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

driveshaft needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

rs1

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
there is one on moparts looks like a good deal..

aussiemark

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depending on the engine the length varies if you can't find the correct one you can find one that is too long and have it shortened and rebalanced but you can't extend one that is too short.

Turbostang7

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had them extended before, it's more expensive because the basically change the whole tube out but it can be done

aussiemark

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had them extended before, it's more expensive because the basically change the whole tube out but it can be done
That is basically what I said, you can't have it extended they will just make a new shaft and if they are going this far why use any old parts you may as well go for a full new set up.

AUSTA

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know where i could find a driveshaft for a 1970 challenger with a 4 speed trans and an 8 3/4 rear?
On the rear measure the distance across the outside of the flat where the uni fits in to see if you have a 7260 or a 7290 also counts the teeth on the output shaft of the gearbox if you have a yoke that fits the output shaft slide it on then move it back about 1 1/4 then measure the centre of the universal joint front to the centre of the rear uni to get the tail shaft length

js29

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
don,t measure it with the wheels hanging!!! you want the weight of the car on the rear tires. other wise it will be to long and bottom out.

Cazbah362

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one from a 1970 Barracuda with a 318 and 4-speed, should be exact what you need. I had it rebuilt, balanced and new u-joints - never ran. I would want $225 plus shipping, if you are interested, please pm me.

Mopars & Missiles

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also have one, from a '70 Challenger. I would have to measure length for you to verify it is correct for your car. PM me if you are interested.

aussiemark

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one from a 1970 Barracuda with a 318 and 4-speed, should be exact what you need. I had it rebuilt, balanced and new u-joints - never ran. I would want $225 plus shipping, if you are interested, please pm me.
Wouldn't the Barracuda shaft be shorter then the Challenger shaft considering the wheelbase is shorter?

Mopars & Missiles

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wouldn't the Barracuda shaft be shorter then the Challenger shaft considering the wheelbase is shorter?

According to MoparLeo's chart shown above in post #7, you are correct. Chart shows B shaft versus J shaft is 2" shorter on '72 models.

I have a '70 model FSM with that info, but don't intend to go look it up and waste time duplicating his post.

RUNCHARGER

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an original 340, 4 speed Challenger driveshaft. It is complete and has the 7290 on one end and 7260 on the other. I live in Canada so I don't know where you would need it shipped.

Sheldon

topbanna70

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for the reply sheldon, I live in virginia do you have an idea of how much you would want for the driveshaft?

RUNCHARGER

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yikes! Virginia is a long ways away, I live above Wa. state. I want $200 plus shipping for it and due to the length I would imagine shipping would be costly. I could probably ship it from Wa. but it would be a while before I could do it. Let me know if you don't find another one.

Thanks
Sheldon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back