• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Rear Bumper Brackets ??

Budman

Reaction score
Ive got a 74 Challenger. Im wanting to mount my rear bumper without using the plastic gap filler pieces. Does anyone sell brackets that you can mount your bumper to without using the big brace between the bumper and the brackets? I would like the rear bumper to fit like a 72. Ive got the front bumper pulled up nice and close without the plastic filler pieces.

challenger6pak

Reaction score
You can use 70-72 rear brackets. The holes will not line up to your 74 bumper. You can get an earlier bumper or redrill your 74. You will have extra holes when you redrill the 74 bumper. You can fill the extra holes with bumper bolts that bolt to nothing. They will fill the holes and 95% of people will not know they are not supposed to be there.

Budman

Reaction score
I bought 72 rear bumper brackets #2962354-r & the Left too and there will still be a large gap.

Moparparts

Reaction score
You will need to get the smaller metal filler panel that the 70-72 used to fill the gap

Hemi2c

Reaction score
You will need to get the smaller metal filler panel that the 70-72 used to fill the gap
I am trying to do the same on a 73 Cuda, will I need these metal filler panels? if so could you post a pic of them.
Thanks
Al

Moparparts

Reaction score
I am trying to do the same on a 73 Cuda, will I need these metal filler panels? if so could you post a pic of them.
Thanks
Al
Cuda did not use a metal filler panel on the rear of a 70-72 only the Challenger did

Back