• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

1" master syl for 73 front disk setup

Cudafever

Reaction score
My car is a 70 Barracuda that i installed a 73 cuda front disc brake set up. peddle has always been hard.
I have my eng out for some pesky leaks and installing line lock for my front brakes.
While it's out, thought i should find out if my manual brake master syl had the 1 inch or the 1-1/8.
The are 1-1/8. Napa said they don't make the 1 inch any more, auto zone got me one in. Casting number was the same as my 1-1/8 (3461187)..... my gut told me it was the same one. pulled the piston out of the new one. YUP! 1-1/8 Grrrrrr

where can i find a REAL 1" bore master syl!

Cudafever

Reaction score
Woops tried to edit original post:oops:

My car is a 70 Barracuda that i installed a 73 cuda front disc brake set up. peddle has always been hard.
I have my eng out for some pesky leaks and installing line lock for my front brakes.
While it's out, thought i should find out if my manual brake master syl had the 1 inch or the 1-1/8.
The are 1-1/8. Napa said they don't make the 1 inch any more, auto zone got me one in. Casting number was the same as my 1-1/8 (3461187)..... my gut told me it was the same one. pulled the piston out of the new one. YUP! 1-1/8 Grrrrrr

where can i find a REAL 1" bore master syl!

bc3j

Reaction score
I got a 1" from Master Power Brakes and a 15/16" from Right Stuff. RockAuto has 1" units too. Summit also has the 15/16" units. I think you check for '75 Dart at RockAuto. Good luck.

Cudafever

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up! I have another one coming. hope it's a 1"

Cudafever

Reaction score
finally got a 1" master syl! If i can get everything else done, will test it at the track. After bleeding, pedal is a little bit lower, still feel firm. couldn't test it out because one i have no mufflers and 2 i have a transmission leak now. Ended up being a cracked tranny adapter. Yes i broke it off trying to tighten it up!:mad:
got it out with a easy out. now just have to get a new one.
My line lock work good enough to do burnouts in the garage.:D

Back