• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Woodward Ave. Annual Dream Cruise

seneca

Reaction score
Just returned home from a second day at the worlds largest car show _ The Woodward Ave. Dream Cruise. Although Saturday is the official cruise day, this goes on for several days before and a couple of days afterwards. Last night we attended the Dodge sponsored drag races on a portion of Woodward that was rented by Dodge for the day. Must have taken a big chunk of cash for Michigan to shut down a State highway. Bumped in to Richard from Gas Monkey and the ladies all had their picture taken with him. But today was the big day with an estimated 45,000 classic and muscle cars on Woodward and over a million spectators. The cops were cool and seemed to look the other way at our stoplight drag races if you kept it short. If you live within a reasonable drive from Detroit it's something you should try to see if you can. Quite the event!

DetMatt1

Reaction score
I was at the cruise, I'm there every year. I did not make it up to Pontiac for the Roadkill event, probably should have just to witness it but I'm not big into large crowds. The regular crowd on Woodward Ave is enough for me. Where did you come from?

IMG_20160820_113259128_HDR.jpg

DetMatt1

Reaction score
I'm also not into taking a bunch of pictures anymore but I did snap a few. You will see just about anything on the Ave during the cruise. The '68 X is the same color as my RR should be so I sent that pic to my painter.

IMG_20160820_114815415.jpg
IMG_20160820_125137109.jpg

DetMatt1

Reaction score
The wife was fealing patriotic and I couldn't help but take a picture of this inspirational moment.
IMG_20160820_100339972.jpg

seneca

Reaction score
What, no pictures???
I was at the cruise, I'm there every year. I did not make it up to Pontiac for the Roadkill event, probably should have just to witness it but I'm not big into large crowds. The regular crowd on Woodward Ave is enough for me. Where did you come from?

View attachment 28628
I am in Redford, DetMatt1. I had a spot at a small car show at Long Lake and Woodward in Bloomfield Hills for most of Saturday, did some cruising, then headed home as the clouds rolled in. I'll have my wife post some pictures; she's the computer expert in our house!

DetMatt1

Reaction score
The club I'm in rents an entire bank parking lot including the strip of grass along Woodward just north of 14 mile. It's a great location but I'm getting a little bored with this event having attended quite a few years straight. It's definitely something to see but I think next year I'm going to head north for Mopar Fest in Canada which is always the same weekend.

dadeo1852

Reaction score
Yup I was on Woodward too both Friday and Saturday. The late rain on Saturday was a bummer but I managed to stick it out and drive home with no rain and mainly dry roads.

woodward2016.jpg

seneca

Reaction score
The club I'm in rents an entire bank parking lot including the strip of grass along Woodward just north of 14 mile. It's a great location but I'm getting a little bored with this event having attended quite a few years straight. It's definitely something to see but I think next year I'm going to head north for Mopar Fest in Canada which is always the same weekend.
Are you planning on making the Hines Park Cruise this weekend? Looks a little less congested than Woodward.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
I'd doubt it, at this point I think I've had enough for a couple of weeks. It happens every year, the Nationals are the weekend before the cruise and by the end of the cruise I could use a break from the events. I love to drive my cars daily and enjoy working on them though. I'm getting a little burnt out on the WDC and next year I'm going to make an effort to experience some of the other great events we have in the area. Hines Park being one of them. The next show I look forward too is the Roseville Chrysler show in late September.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Great music, it's not all poodle skirt oldies B.S. Like most parking lot shows. Radcliff rocks it out!

seneca

Reaction score
Stopped
Great music, it's not all poodle skirt oldies B.S. Like most parking lot shows. Radcliff rocks it out!
Stopped in to Roseville Chrysler yesterday to get a couple of keys cut for the Barracuda. Gal behind the parts counter told me there wasn't going to be a show this fall!!!
I'm surprised at this news although I haven't verified it yet.

Back