• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

front parking lights

2darts

Reaction score
I hope this is the last of my electrical problems. I really don't understand this one,ok it's a new forward harness I have power to everything I have 11.4 volts at the connector for the parking lights, I pull the connector apart and use the power probe to charge just the bulb and it works I put the connector back together flip the switch and nothing. totally confused any help? thanks

moparleo

Reaction score
You should check all of your electrical grounds. This was a common problem back then. Just for future maintenance all electrical connections should be cleaned and apply dielectric grease in every socket or connection. This water proofs and protects from any corrosion. Use only top quality components on your car such as light bulbs. US made only, stay away from Asian parts.

moparlee

Reaction score
Make sure you are making contact between the base of the bulb and the bottom of the connector. The connector is spring loaded.

quapman

Reaction score
Bear in mind that to get a ground connection, the current has to go through the light housing, valance, fender/frame. We usually do such a good job painting our cars that we literally insulate the housings. You might have to run a ground wire from the housing itself to a known terminal. I like the one on the core support by the battery. I hate scraping off new paint.

2darts

Reaction score
thanks for the help guys, after further exam I found the connectors on the housing hooked up ground and all is well. except the left blinker doesn't work. probably my next post. again thanks

Back