• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Small Block - Shaker Intake Question

DaveH

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Can those that have shaker cars with small blocks let me know what intake fits the best under your shaker to fit the hood properly? I know each car is a little different I am just researching a little more. I'm putting in a 340 if that helps. I want an aluminum intake not the original cast intake.

Thanks
Dave

Last edited:

Avalanche

Reaction score
If you have the original, it's best to measure what you have and then look into something as close as possible. I think the holley street denominator is close, but don't quote me.
I'm sure someone with more knowledge will chime in.

DaveH

Reaction score
No I don't have the original intake. Plus I'm converting the car to a shaker car it originally had a flat hood. Thanks

challenger6pak

Reaction score
The small block shaker cars have the most space to work with. You can build your own spacer. The original 340 intake is around 7 inches tall. I have one loose and can get an exact measurement if you need it.

DaveH

Reaction score
The small block shaker cars have the most space to work with. You can build your own spacer. The original 340 intake is around 7 inches tall. I have one loose and can get an exact measurement if you need it.
What intake do you have?

Steve340

Reaction score
I have a Mopar Performance aluminium dual plane with 1/4 inch holley space fits good.

Back