• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

E-body r shock mount

Status
Not open for further replies.

73 Co challenger

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Looking for a pair of rear shock mounting plates, mine are stripped/snapped. I see there are some after market ones but would like a pair of originals if not terribly expensive looking to spend less than $100. Also does anyone know if B-bodies have the same plate?

Located in Kiowa, Colorado 80117.
Picture for reference

IMG_8918.JPG

73 Co challenger

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How so exactly? Mine are both different. I will go get a picture but one has a nut on the inside I took it off and tried a punch and hammer and it wouldn't budge, and my other one does not have that on the inside. Do they need to be pressed in/out. Also where can I find a new stud for the shock mount?

challenger6pak

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
A bolt supply house. Get a grade 8 and it won't break. Cut your stud off flush. Drill the hole out. Weld in a new stud. If it doesn't have to look 100 % stock you can leave the head on the bolt and weld it to the plate. A machine shop can do the work. Just take the plate and the new stud or bolt to them. If the bolt has threads where the shock rides you will need a sleeve over the treads to protect the shock rubber bushing. You should be able to find a bolt that is not entirely threaded to use.

Last edited:

rs1

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have shock plates if still needed..

73 Co challenger

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have shock plates if still needed..
sorry i didn't get back sooner, don't get on here too often. i was able to find some studs from mancini racing. Took a ton of work to get the old studs cut off and drilled out as the bolt hole for the mancini ones were slightly larger bore.

moparlee

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good job, they look great. If those are not lock nuts, you should put lock washers on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back