• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Wilwood & hydra boost

AUSTA

Reaction score
I fitted the Dynalite Pro to my 70 challenger the kit said they would clear most 15"wheel after fitting the wheels locked solid had to add another 3/16" spacer & clean up all the welding dags on the inside of the wheel now have only around 1/16 "clearance between the rim & the caliper has anyone else used the Dynalite pro with the 15" Rally wheel
Also fitted Hydraboost brakes as i have low vacuum could not find much info on the fitting procedure. Found you dont need to use the linkage on the pedal arm as the Hydroboost rod is adjustable & connects direct to the brake arm.
Could not bleed even after doing the bench master cylinder bleeding process found if you tape a couple of tubes into a bottle full of fluid then invert the master cylinder bleeds in seconds.
The other issue was the Hydroboost applied such extreme pressure the 3 way brass splitter unit on the challenger front disc brake setup would lock & not allow the fluid to return resulting in a front wheel lockup .The only way to release was to loosen the fitting on the 3 way brass block to let some fluid out.
Ended up deleting the block & run 2 new brake lines to the Wilwood proportioning valve.
I have 15"drums on the rear after several runs & adjusting the front /rear braking balance the car stops perfectly.

TABAY.jpg

mmissile

Reaction score
Two questions....
Why the remote PS fluid tank?

The plumbing diagram for the system says you need to "T" the return/low-pressure lines, any problem with the "Y" fitting? I was told you needed the "T", to create a syphon from the master cylinder.

Last edited:

AUSTA

Reaction score
No problem with using the Y piece the return nipple on the hydraboost is drilled to around 1/16 " to restrict flow so i cant see there being much return fluid ,most of the return fluid would come from the power steering box.
The PS pump i used was the 1 pictured helped to free up some pulleys on the engine.
With the FF3 box it operated normally now i have the Borgenson it drives normally its only on full lock the there is a bit of restriction, the pump has adjustable pressure so i may put a gauge on it & try adjusting.

Steering pump.jpg

Pulley.jpg

mmissile

Reaction score
Thanks. Clean looking setup. I have the same braking and steering units, just with a 6.4 and factory PS-pump. I'm going for a completely "factory-installed" look on my build.

AUSTA

Reaction score
Sounds good.
I may have to go back to engine driven PS pump
While the electric was quite while driving the Borgenson now i have the Hydra brakes the whining from the pump is being transmitted through the firewall after a while it gets annoying

Back