• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Black Wire Ring Terminal

sportster2000

Reaction score
Alright, one last question about the engine wiring harness. 1974 Challenger small block wiring harness reproduction from Year One. I got the car as a rolling shell. I get the harness and put it in. I got the wiring schematic online here. There is a black wire with a ring terminal on it at the back of the engine near where the distributor would be. What does it go to? My guess is that it is a ground wire. No pictures of it, sorry. I have figured out over time where everything else goes and I am slowly getting the car back together but if I can figure out where this wire goes then the engine compartment wiring is done.

SFEbody

Reaction score
Call Tommy at Parts Hound, he is a wire expert. Help me throughout my 74 re-wire. He makes u p factory correct harness as well. PM me for his info.

mmissile

Reaction score
If it's a 5/16 or 3/8 ring.....I'm going with it being a ground. It could smaller and a ground, but I'd have to do some research. I think there's a smaller one that goes to the body.

sportster2000

Reaction score
Not yet. I have been working on other stuff on the car and will eventually get back around to it. I keep saying it every year but I hope that this is the year the car runs.

Back