• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Need new radiator what are your opinions on these?

quapman

Reaction score
Those look pretty decent for the price.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Located in Chicago but I wonder where they're made. I agree, they do seem to be fairly priced.

moparleo

Reaction score
My experience has been that if a product is made in the USA, the retailer will make sure that there is no doubt about it. They usually say " 100% MADE IN USA !" If they don't proclaim it usually means Made in China, sold in USA.

MoparcudaRay

Reaction score
Bought the ECP radiator with fans, shroud and electrical kit today. Will post after installation to see how it all works.
Strange observance on my part is that I have seen 1971 Cuda's with both the overflow nipple on the top of the radiator facing the passenger side and others facing the driver side but with all having the overflow return container on the passenger side. How is it routed when facing the driver side? Under/over/across the radiator?

MoparcudaRay

Reaction score
Warning: Do not buy from this company also known as Entropy Radiators and other names on ebay.

The radiator they sent me was about 1/2 to 1 inch too tall so the brackets did not line up because it bottoms out on the front valance. The bracket on the passenger side is shorter so does not use the bottom screw position on that side.

The overflow tube is facing the driver side instead of the passenger side (not a deal breaker).

When it first arrived it looked like a work of art but unfortunately their customer service is very much lacking. Frank hung up on me when I asked for a UPS return label. If they send me a radiator that does not fit then they should pay the shipping back.
Frank suggested I drill and modify the brackets to fit and could not understand why I would prefer a direct fit as promised. The Champion fit perfectly so why can't theirs?

They talk a good game but when it comes to doing the right thing it is a different story.

Anyway will keep you guys posted on further developments.

Miguel Duncan

Reaction score

MoparcudaRay

Reaction score
Final update: After a successful credit card complaint ECP radiator company finally sent a UPS label and UPS picked up their radiator which is now on its way to them. End of story!

quapman

Reaction score
Well, that sucks that you had to jump through hoops just to send back an inferior product. We appreciate the heads-up. What rad did you end up using?

MoparcudaRay

Reaction score
Well, that sucks that you had to jump through hoops just to send back an inferior product. We appreciate the heads-up. What rad did you end up using?
Sorry, Holidays lol
I put back the 4 core Champion that came with it after having it cleaned and pressure tested and so far ok but I am doing an interior complete change over (seats, carpet and door panels, etc.) so won't know for a while if it has fixed my overheating problem till I can drive it again.

Back