• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Parking Brake Cables

challboy728

Reaction score
Does anyone know a source for factory correct parking brake cables for my 1970 Challenger T/A? Ordered the Right Stuff kit (RSBCE04), but the cable jacketing on the left side cable is not OEM correct. Also had an extra cable in it.

Contact Right Stuff, and they said that's the way their manufacturer has been making them for years. They were happy to take the kit back, but didn't have any idea where to get factory correct cables.

So frustrating when the vendor says "factory correct" and the parts are not.

challboy728

Reaction score
Talked with Inline and they were very helpful. I returned the Right Stuff kit and ordered the Inline kit. We'll see how close to original they are.
Thanks for the responses!!

76orangewagon

Reaction score
Talked with Inline and they were very helpful. I returned the Right Stuff kit and ordered the Inline kit. We'll see how close to original they are.
Thanks for the responses!!

Did you get your kit yet ? I'm ready to buy one for my 71 Cuda' with intermediate cable but would like to hear your input before buying from them.

challboy728

Reaction score
I did get my kit. It had the same long rear cable as the Right Stuff kit. I called In-line and they said they could make a cable to match my existing. They sent me another cable, but it had the same outside wrap as the original cable. Called them again, and they had me return the 2 incorrect cables and send the cable off of my car. They got it right this time, although there was an up charge for making a special cable. Which seems odd to me, because by '71 Challenger R/T cable has the same wrap as the one from my '70 Challenger T/A. Seems like the flat wrapped cable may be pretty common.
comparison.jpg
So, if you want an exact match to the cables in your car, you may have to send your old cable(s) in as samples, and there may be an upcharge. However, In-line was very helpful and can make the cables to match your car.

76orangewagon

Reaction score
You must have helped them see the error in their kits... I just received my kit and the rear cables (like in your picture) have the correct flat wrap around them. Thanks, I was prepared to go through a similar situation but they got it right !!!!!!

Back