• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

New Poly-glass arrived today !!

Rdwsp

Reaction score
I'd like to get a set of them tires myself is there anyway you can pass that information along to me thanks I really appreciate your time

rs1

Reaction score
Will f's fit on the front without rubbing? I thought you needed the rolled fender .

340challconvert

Reaction score
I always loved the look of original Goodyear Polyglas
Good luck with the tires, they will look great!
Dino2 (1).gif

reborn73

Reaction score
Sorry for the delay,,,,,,Honestly I forgot all about starting the post. They do look great and ride like CRAP...........
BUT, I knew that was going to be the case when I bought them.

DSC_3444.JPG

DSC_3463.JPG

73DAD

Reaction score
Love how those polys look on the challenger!

Did you run radials on this car before switching to the poly's to compare the ride? This year I switched my '70 Road Runner from radials to those exact same F60-15's. I haven't really noticed any difference in ride or handling though. Its a non-power steer and non-power brake car with an all iron hemi on the nose so you really feel the details of the road through the steering wheel...

For the record I'm not old enough to have experienced the original polyglas tires from "back in the day" so I guess you could say my opinion of Bias-ply tires is truly "unbiased".

340challconvert

Reaction score
I love the look or original polyglas tires, back then and even now, BUT:
The ride on a bias ply tire is very different then a modern radial tire.
Sidewalls are stiffer and create a harsher ride.
The handling is not as crisp and they are especially vulnerable on wet, slick roadways.
Easier to lock up on wet surfaces, especially with a drum brake car and of course no anti skid protection in a vintage car.
Many individuals keep the polys for show and use modern radials if the car is for daily use.
Just my experience.
Dino2 (1).gif

todd383

Reaction score
I bought polyglas for my challenger 2 years ago ,and around 2500 miles on them , they started failing, especially the fronts, started bulging in the center of the treads, and couldn't keep it straight on the road, and almost wrecked it!!!! So my advice, just be careful, I spoke to a few people, and same thing. They don't last, for me , I went back to radials, much much better! Lol

20160918_164304.jpg

seneca

Reaction score
Love how those polys look on the challenger!

Did you run radials on this car before switching to the poly's to compare the ride? This year I switched my '70 Road Runner from radials to those exact same F60-15's. I haven't really noticed any difference in ride or handling though. Its a non-power steer and non-power brake car with an all iron hemi on the nose so you really feel the details of the road through the steering wheel...

For the record I'm not old enough to have experienced the original polyglas tires from "back in the day" so I guess you could say my opinion of Bias-ply tires is truly "unbiased".

I'm old enough to remember polyglas! Hell, I'm old enough to remember tube tires!!! Believe me these radials are ten times the tires the old bias ply tires were. Not only in ride quality and handling but in longevity. Bias ply were good for about 30,000 miles.

reborn73

Reaction score
I can remember bias tires from when I drove it daily back in the late 70's and early 80's. Went through a set of tires every 6 months. I was heavy footed teen that loved the "smoke". Got the car back in Dec of 2014 and have gone completely through everything and wanted to get it back to as close to OE as possible. Still have the factory spare tire too.

Reaction score
Reborn73 your Challenger looks great with those Polyglass GTs on it. Its a really good looking car anyway. Radials just don't have that sharp closed edge tread and fat sidewall profile like the Bias ply Goodyears do. The ride and handling never bothered me anyway. When radials first came out they had a lot of ply seperation problems and most of us did not like them because they would not hook up coming out of the hole. Times change.

reborn73

Reaction score
Yea, I can remember my Dad cussing about those "new radials" back in the day that looked half flat all the time. New cars and new tires are no comparison to the old bias tires. I was going 100 % for as stock as possible. Its not a trailer queen by any means and is far from perfect but it sure gets attention, even from the younger generation

Canuck74

Reaction score
Wow, great looking car. I can appreciate the bumperettes and back-to-stock appearance. Did you restore it? Tires look really nice too.
We have Radials and Bias-ply for our stock 1940 Dodge 2 Door Sedan. My dad said he never noticed that much of a difference during the switch as you would never drive it hard like a modern car anyways.

Moparwer!

Reaction score
They look great on your car and are stock correct for that period. Like driving a brand new car you just picked up at the dealership. No other tires give these cars that look. Like you're back in high school, with that 'goofy 70's long hair, bell bottom jeans and muscle cars. :cool:

i_taz

Reaction score
I'm not old enough to remember tubes but am old enough to remember when radials came out and truck drivers, medium size and up, wouldn't use them because they would 'roll' going around corners. Radials also had a learning curve because they would wonder around with that 'soft' almost 'flat' configuration. I'm thinking going back to bias is also just a learning curve although the quality of these repo's is a shame...no excuse for that....Who does Kelsey think they are, Cooper...??? ;)

Back