• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Hi-Po exhaust manifolds.

Glow Worm

Reaction score
Are there any "less expensive" re-pop exhaust manifolds available to replace the 69-70 manifold numbers 2863549 and 3418623?
Anyone running 350-400 horsepower thru their/with their original 1973 factory e-Body manifolds?
My engine builder says get rid of the 1973 factory originals on my Cuda 340 and go with headers. I don't want headers.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
The original castings are expensive but I don't think that they're anymore expensive than good quality headers.

aussiemark

Reaction score
CHRYSLER MOPAR SMALL BLOCK V8 273 318 340 360 STAINLESS CLIPSTER HEADERS I was looking at these, most headers hang down low and scrape and bash on kerbs and speed humps but these could be the solution. The aussie dollar is down against the US dollar so they could be a deal for the US buyer or maybe there is something similar already available locally. These ones have the collectors sweeping back toward the firewall the other ones I have seen have the collectors straight down in the middle so probably won't fit.

Last edited:

moparleo

Reaction score
Your engine builder ( who I assume you trust, otherwise he wouldn't be your builder ) gave you his recommendation, but it was not what you wanted to hear, so........ Do you want the horsepower, or stock manifolds ? There is a reason that headers are the number one bolt on that delivers the most bang for the buck. Is it price ? or ? If you can afford them, get the TTI ceramic coated headers. They fit, they don't leak, the ceramic coating helps to keep the heat from radiating into the engine compartment,they look great and they do their job of improving the performance of your engine. No downsides. If you have been into Mopars for any of the last 20 years you have to be aware of the TTI's reputation building only headers for Mopars. But...

UCUDANT

Reaction score
Your engine builder ( who I assume you trust, otherwise he wouldn't be your builder ) gave you his recommendation, but it was not what you wanted to hear, so........ Do you want the horsepower, or stock manifolds ? There is a reason that headers are the number one bolt on that delivers the most bang for the buck. Is it price ? or ? If you can afford them, get the TTI ceramic coated headers. They fit, they don't leak, the ceramic coating helps to keep the heat from radiating into the engine compartment,they look great and they do their job of improving the performance of your engine. No downsides. If you have been into Mopars for any of the last 20 years you have to be aware of the TTI's reputation building only headers for Mopars. But...

I agree the TTI's are a great header. I would add to be prepared to shim your motor mounts as not all mounts are created equal. My TTI's were close at the torsion bar on the drivers side and shims corrected it. Scroll down in this link and you'll find a shim pack '70-74 E-Body Products

Steve340

Reaction score
Anyone running 400 horsepower thru stock 1972-74 manifolds?
My engine has never been dynoed but it will be around the 350HP mark, The engine was done by a previous owner and uses the 340HP manifolds and goes real good. It is quite cammy and not nice in stop start traffic.
An engine will normally need an exhaust header to make more the 1 horse power per cubic inch.
However headers will give you (and me) around 30 extra horsepower for nothing. The design of the exhaust system and good flowing mufflers are also a factor.
I believe you will struggle to get an honest 400 through the 72-74 log manifolds. They will choke the engine.
Moparleo is right on the money with what he said about TTI.

Back