• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Steering column to short

maugrego

Reaction score
oK manuel floor shift power steering not sure if the gear or the column came out of this car. The assembled column is apx 2 inches short at the gear when bolted under dash. I moved that bracket towards the steering wheel using only one bolt per side allowing the assy to move south towards the gear. It works but I lost a little leg room under the wheel any ideas thanks greg

IMG_1490.JPG

IMG_1491.JPG

IMG_1492.JPG

rklein71

Reaction score
The shaft that attaches to the steering box slides in and out of the top shaft. It might be stuck.

moparlee

Reaction score
Looks like you have the wrong under dash mounting bracket. This is off my 71 Challenger. I also posted in your "Confused" thread.
044.JPG

maugrego

Reaction score
Looks like you have the wrong under dash mounting bracket. This is off my 71 Challenger. I also posted in your "Confused" thread.View attachment 33452
Just wanted to update my problem to maybe save someone else some G&A RKlein77 had commented that the 2 shafts slide in and out of each other they do but there not supposed to. I thought the shaft was one piece, it is, until the sheer pins well sheer. than the shaft can grow 3 inches or shrink 3 inches all the while not feeling loose or broke. the sheer pins are not absolutely necessary so up para-scope and shes going back in thanks again moparlee

Back