• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

driver's side bumper filler

cowdoc

Reaction score
.....if that's even what it's called. The one on my '73 Challenger is sort of flared out (upper right corner of fender portion). I can bend it back over the plate, but it won't stay. Solution=heat gun? If not, I haven't seen anything online as to a source, except for a pair of NOS silver ones @ $295/each!! any ideas? Thanks!

2017-02-19%2010.18.59_zpsgzdsy6bf.jpg

maugrego

Reaction score
Just cause Rube Goldberg thought those were a good idea doesn't mean they were Mine is a 73 also but the bumpers may not be

IMG_0022.JPG

cowdoc

Reaction score
So you don't have those black corner filler pieces at all, huh? Pretty sure my bumpers are '72. They're drawn in like yours. The corner piece has a couple of clips on the back side that go into the holes in the recessed portion of the front fender. Were yours filled in?

maugrego

Reaction score
So you don't have those black corner filler pieces at all, huh? Pretty sure my bumpers are '72. They're drawn in like yours. The corner piece has a couple of clips on the back side that go into the holes in the recessed portion of the front fender. Were yours filled in?
I just checked no holes The guy that did the sheet metal work and paint on my car had done a few cars before this one, and probably learned a few short cuts. Im sure that was one of them. I am no Challenger expert but those rubber filler thingy's have to be the stupidest after thought thing I have ever seen. If you can get the bumpers to fit I think its a much cleaner look

Back