Front /rear bumper questions 72 Barracuda

-
    Thanks

Default Front /rear bumper questions 72 Barracuda

I can`t decide whether to rechrome my bumpers or buy some I spotted on craigslist. The seller says they are 70-74 and all driver quality he has a few different ones in a pic for $50 each. The price is right as long as I can find a pair for my car once I see them in person.Are there any differences to look out for? I don`t want to get bumpers that don`t fit right.

My front bumper has a slight tweak in it and damage in one of the bumper jack slots plus the chrome is bad on both bumpers. I assume easy fix`s for a shop before re-croming. Will my 72 bumperettes in the rear fit correctly on a the bumper from a different year?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sheetmetaldan View Post
    I can`t decide whether to rechrome my bumpers or buy some I spotted on craigslist. The seller says they are 70-74 and all driver quality he has a few different ones in a pic for $50 each. The price is right as long as I can find a pair for my car once I see them in perso
    I am a little confused . Do you want used driver quality bumpers or nice rechromed bumpers ? If you want to get them rechromed. Save the money you would spend on gas and/or shipping plus $50.00 for a used bumper and check with a good chrome shop to redo your bumpers.
    You usually get what you pay for. If you are lucky.

Thanks

Sorry for the confusion. I am trying to decide either buy a pair I could live with for $100.00 or spend more on re-chroming what I have. The bumpers on Craigslist are only a half hour from me so thats not bad, I just don`t know if bumpers from 70-74 were all the same.
    If I decide to go the re-chroming route there is a shop called Nu-Chrome in Fall River MA. near me as well but I have read too many negative comments about them so I am leery about going there. I would rather deal with a local shop if I can as long as they are good and avoid having to ship bumpers. But if there is no one local to me I would ship them if I had to.

Thanks

To get the most bang for your buck I would get them rechromed one at a time. I would also send the bumper guards to get done at the same time so the chrome matched.
    I will get info on a few recommended shops for you to check with.

Thanks

Here are a few good ones :
    Nu-Chrome
    sales @nu-chrome.com
    -800-422-8012
    Ma.

Advanced Plating
    advancedplating.com
    Nashville, Tn. 1 year warranty

Paul's Chrome Plating Inc.
    paulschrome.com
    800-245-8679
    Pa. Lifetime warranty

There are many more ,but you should get an idea of what to expect.

Thanks

Thanks Moparleo. Do you or anyone here for that matter have any firsthand experience with Nu-Chrome? They are only about 20 minutes from me. My problem with going there were several negative comments I read online it`s sort of made me second guess using them. Hopefully quality has improved there.

Thanks

Default Avoid Nu-Chrome!

Just to update my own last post I researched Nu-Chrome again online and it`s worse than I thought follow this link for details. http://www.imperialclub.com/Part/Vendors/NuChrome.htm If anyone is considering them read this first before you give them your parts and money!

The list of unhappy customers spans years right up into 2012! I can`t see how a place like this even stays in business! They would have to pay me to give them my bumpers!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by moparleo View Post
    Here are a few good ones :

Advanced Plating
    advancedplating.com
    Nashville, Tn. 1 year warranty

Paul's Chrome Plating Inc.
    paulschrome.com
    800-245-8679
    Pa. Lifetime warranty

There are many more ,but you should get an idea of what to expect.
    Sorry about Nu-Chrome problems, I removed them from list.