• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

SOLD 1970 CHALLENGER PROJECT CAR FOR SALE OR TRADE FOR 1971 BARRACUDA PROJECT CAR

Status
Not open for further replies.

re-animate

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Hey guys; I decided to put my 70 Challenger project car up for sale. I am looking to sell it outright. Asking 15K for it. It is located in Milwaukee,Wisconsin This is a very solid New Mexico car. The frame rails,cowl,rockers,firewall,floor pans etc.. are rock solid. Please see link below to over 100 pictures. Any rust you see under the car is light surface scale that can practically be wiped off with your fingers. No thick scale rust that would cause pitting. Here is the history of the car after I purchased it. The car was delivered to me 11/11/11. It is a G code 318 car. It is a Green exterior with green interior and it is an original vinyl top car. It's an original A/C car with 26" radiator core support. It's got drum brakes on all four corners. I took the entire body down to bare metal with 80 grit on a d/a. to expose any flaws. Those can be seen in the picture link below along with Vin,fender,door,cowl and core support pics.

The original quarters,fenders,doors,rockers,etc.. are so rock solid that I didn't find even a single pinhole in the sheetmetal. However, this was a vinyl top car and the original roof skin was in pretty poor condition. I replaced it with a new AMD unit. I also replaced the trunk filler panel along with the trunk pan all with AMD pieces. The trunk drops and wheelhouses were in excellent condition,so I didn't have to touch those at all. At some point in time and for whatever reason,someone cut the original driver's side quarter panel off and lap welded a 1972-74 one in it's place. I didn't care for the quality of the work,so I replaced it with a new full quarter to sail panel AMD piece. Someone also sandblasted the original driver's side fender and it was full of bondo,so I got a new AMD fender as well. I also added a new AMD rear valance with the exhaust tip cutouts. I acquired a nice clean original rallye hood for it as well.

The car has never been in an accident. The frame rails are straight with no ripples or any sign of collision. The hood,doors,and trunk lid are rock solid and the pinch welds are mint. I have lots of extra parts to be included with the car like the stainless window trim,gas tank filler necks,harnesses,very nice tinted door and quarter glass etc... The car has a clean title in my name. The fender tag,dash and door vin tags are all present. The car came with no motor or transmission and I do not have one to include. It also comes with an 8 1/4" rear axle. All of the hard work is done. The car is ready for the final bodywork and block sanding phase and then onto paint. There is absolutely no bondo on the car anywhere. I want to be as honest and forthright as I can for any potential buyers,so there are not any surprises when the car is delivered to them. Feel free to give me a call with any questions you have.

((( Please note ))) The buckets,back seat and the wheels and tires will not be included with the sale.

Here's a link to over 100 pics.

1970 CHALLENGER

Thanks,Dave

98.JPG

97.JPG

99.JPG

Last edited:

re-animate

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the comments guys. I hate to let her go,but money prevents me from being able to keep her and still pursue my dream car. I put it in the ad,but the car is located in Milwaukee Wisconsin.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I saw it at about 7 this morning and noticed the price for sure along with his phone number but maybe there was no location at that point. Then again, maybe I hadn't had enough coffee yet...
One thing is for sure though and that is it's fun to attempt to give Robert a hard time once in a while.

challenger6pak

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I saw it about the same time. Price was there but not location. Yes, we need to give Robert a hard time now that he is retired.

burntorange70

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All the notifications we get about no pics no location no price. Then we do somtin abouts it and yall complain.
Well as long as your giving it to Robert and not me I'm ok with it. Heck I will even play along.

Kick him in the junk!!!

re-animate

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys; Update. I found a 1971 Barracuda project car,so i am no longer interested in a trade. The 70 Challenger is for sale outright. The buckets,rear seat and wheels and tires do not come with the car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back