• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

1970 Challenger R/T~37 year barn resto

xerxes600rr

Reaction score
Good evening... I own a 1970 Dodge Challenger R/T 440+6, 4 speed, Dana .60, Super Trac Pack, ALL numbers matching with 40k miles.The vehicle was parked in storage December of 1979. I've owned for the past 5 years and just decided to start restoration.

The vehicle is unmolested on the exterior and engine. I salvaged all parts and rebuilt everything to factory specs... I'll post my final pics in the next couple days... I thought I'd share some of my process.

20170103_164222.jpg

20161115_121623.jpg

Last edited:

quapman

Reaction score
Very nice. I like the H-pipe. Who made it?

xerxes600rr

Reaction score
Thank you. TTI makes an amazing, factory system with all the correct brackets. Can order the entire kit, just head pipes, or the system minus tips and mufflers. (Manifolds or headers) I threw on flowmaster super 44s. Sounds amazing.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Nice! Any pics of the interior? Have I seen this car yet? When did you finish it? Did you do all the work yourself?

xerxes600rr

Reaction score
Nice! Any pics of the interior? Have I seen this car yet? When did you finish it? Did you do all the work yourself?

I posted it when I found it 5 years ago, just started the restoration a couple months ago. I did most of it myself, I'm having trouble uploading pics due to size. I had a local shop machine and save most of the internals.

I have rebuilt the engine, transmission, replaced all electrical (harness, voltage reg, Ballast, horns, relay. New brake booster, master cylinder, lines, rotors, calipers, and rear drums. All new fuel tank, lines and pump. New shocks, Springs still great. I restored the housings and pulleys. I rebuilt the 6 pack, and radiator (flushed, leak fixed, soda blasted and painted). I restored wheels and added some 225/70/14 Radial TA.

On the inside, I replaced the carpet and I just got new front seat covers I need to install.

I'm sure I'm missing stuff, that's what I can rattle off.

Back