• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

1970 EB5

AUSTA

Reaction score
Anyone know a good supplier of 70 Challenger EB5, PPG & couple of other Australian companies have mixed some up & it doesn't come close.

Steve340

Reaction score
Try a Du Pont supplier. The process from what I have seen over the years is not exact. The paints are a mix of this and that. Too much or too little of an ingredient the mix does not look the same.
You could spray the paint you have on a card, decide what you want changed and tint it until happy.
That is probably easier.

AUSTA

Reaction score
Try a Du Pont supplier. The process from what I have seen over the years is not exact. The paints are a mix of this and that. Too much or too little of an ingredient the mix does not look the same.
You could spray the paint you have on a card, decide what you want changed and tint it until happy.
That is probably easier.
Thanks,
Found the receipt for some work done by Pokerville iron works in WI fitted & painted new hood hinges they are a perfect match
Lists the colors used but not the mix i gave him a call as it was a small job it was not recorded see pic the bASF halo blue looks very close without the adjusting .

paint.jpg

Steve340

Reaction score
Great so long as you are happy it looks right. EB5 is a nice colour.
My colour is GY3 and the closest match was a Chinese manufactured bus.
A small adjustment and all good.

Back