• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

2 426 Hemi Boat Engines

Rob Shuttleworth

Reaction score
We are thinking of selling the 2 engines in our 42 ft. 1969 Trojan boat and we need a bit of info if anyone can help.
Are these monsters transferable to cars?
They have been winterized and kept dry. Not run now for 4 years.
One engine is rotating the opposite way, is this an issue?
Thanks

Here's a head gasket.
On another note, I was looking through all the spare gaskets and wondered if anyone is creating CAD files for gaskets because a lot of these could be cut out with a CNC router or waterjet if the materials are available.

Boat426.jpg

20160430_121301.jpg

Last edited:

moparlee

Reaction score
Well Rob, I can't answer your questions. But I can tell you that the picture is not of a 426 Hemi, it is a 440 big block. Do you know the difference?

Rob Shuttleworth

Reaction score
Well Rob, I can't answer your questions. But I can tell you that the picture is not of a 426 Hemi, it is a 440 big block. Do you know the difference?
Can't say I do know but if you can explain, I'll appreciate it. Is there any demand for these?
I was sure I saw somewhere that these were 426 hemi's.
Thanks a lot.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Could be 426 wedge engines. To the right of the base of the distributor there's a smooth square pad with some numbers and letter(s) stamped in it. Report back and we'll tell you exactly what you have. Are they original to the boat? What year is the boat if they are.

Back