• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

70 Challenger Glass

challboy728

Reaction score
Did all 1970 Challengers have date coded glass?

I need to replace my windshield, but unfortunately, didn't see if it was date coded.

I looked at the side glass, and didn't see any date coding.

Did the windshield have a date code, and if so, how might I determine what it was?

DetMatt1

Reaction score
You have to look hard as it's etched into every piece of glass and if it doesn't have the pentastar then it's an aftermarket replacement. I think you can order glass with custom date codes etched factory style, maybe through AMD?
IMG_3749.JPG

NextTimeJr

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure AMD doesn't date code their glass. They just repop the glass for the general 70-74 years. It is licensed by Chrysler though and has the pentastar logo on it.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
I know somebody would date code them for you and now that I think about it long before AMD existed.

challboy728

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I'll have to look a little harder. ECS does make date coded glass. They also supply other restoration parts. Talked with them for a while at the Mopar event at Gateway Motorsports park. They seemed like really nice, very helpful guys. Fortunately, they are only about an hour away from me, in Chesterfield, MO.

Well, its off to the garage with the Windex!!

Back