• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

72 challenger trunk lid

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnny544

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Hello,
Looking for a trunk lid for my 72 challenger.
Preferably little to no rust or dings I have one available in excellent condition but the guy wants a premium. If someone can help me out message me...thanks

Tropicalcats

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a deck lid in fairly ggod shape. I will send pictures if your interested. Shoot me your e mail and I will send them

burdar

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's your cars SPD? Early cars could have used the 71 style lid with the spoiler cutouts. Any year lid will fit...I just don't know if you are trying to be factory correct or not.

johnny544

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Spd?
It doesn't have to be factory correct, just correct, like I wouldn't put on 70- 71 fenders or grill sort of thing. It doesn't have a spoiler and don't think I really want to put one on so I would prefer not to have cut outs.
But I think the lids if I'm not mistaking are universal per-say aside from spoiler cut outs ?

burdar

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SPD = scheduled production date. It's on the fender tag.

All the lids look the same on the exterior. There are 4 different styles that only differ on the bottom side.

johnny544

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Replaced both fenders when we painted it last time so that wouldn't be accurate.... I can try and get the number later if needed but I'm not to worried about the under carriage at this point just exterior really, the car is at my dads back in Montana and we are gonna re-do everything while I'm on vacation starting early next month. The original lid got somthing dropped on the line in the center of it , which basically V'd it in the middle... Oddly it didn't bend or dent any other part of it and we were in a crunch to get it done so we molded it with bondo and u couldn't tell the difference... But I would prefer it not to be bondo anymore and its coming down to getting going on the car so as long as the exterior is right I'm happy.

oldcarnut

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ive got an xtra one im not needing , has surface rust only , im located in tulsa ok , price is $175 + shipping & insured @ $500 , thanx , John

johnny544

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey joe, thanks for the reply I think I may have found one my dad is going to take a look at it sometime this week, I will keep you posted on whether or not I am going to buy it. It is a local guy so no shipping cost but he is asking 200 aswell and said had zero defects. If that is not the case, I'm definately interested in yours....thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back