• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

AMD front fenders Challenger

Cato Vinther

Reaction score
Anyone tried the AMD front fenders for 71 Challenger?
Heard that the light bucket, may be welded on incorrectly.
And maybe some pictures.

Adam

Reaction score
I have used AMD and Goodmark Challenger fenders. The new Driver's side Goodmark was total crap and had to be replaced with an AMD fender, wasted several hundred dollars and many hours of labor. No issues with the AMD fender. lots of pics in my album:Challenger

Look at pics 148,149,150, 151,152, 185,186,192

quapman

Reaction score
See my post in Body section. Sold my 70 pass. side AMD fender at a loss just to dump it. Yes, the headlight bucket assembly and other components were totally mis-aligned during spot welding. Lip where fender bolts to inner fender is warped a good 3" front-to-back. I would only recommend an AMD fender to my worst enemy.

Adam

Reaction score
Wow, that is really crappy. I always had good luck with AMD, including the Firewall, wipercowl, roof skin, floor pan, trunk pan, dutchman panel, fender, hood, and trunk lid. Maybe they are outsourcing their panels now? Perhaps the way to do this is buy from a vendor within driving distance so returns are possible/easier..... I picked up my last fender from classic industries in Huntington Beach, Ca and had them open the box before I accepted it.

Back