• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Bracket Ground

KennyCuda

Reaction score
Does the braket for the coil on a TA serve as any kind of ground. I took mine off today and cleaned and painted it and now 3 of my 4 marker lights dont work. I also changed a bulb one would a bad bulb effect 2 of the others but not one which works. Drivers side rear works all others dont, Was wondering if it grounded anything

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
Bracket is not a ground. You might have a bad light socket. Check for the ground wire in the trunk. Use a test light at each socket se if you have power to ground.

KennyCuda

Reaction score
They were ask working 2 days a go now only one works the only thing I did was swap out the coil and change one of the marker light bulbs

Steve340

Reaction score
The tail lights usually go to ground through the tail light housings and the body shell.
When you were working on the coil did you disturb one of the ground cables under the hood?
These ground cables complete the circuit to the battery.

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
Look on 70 the driver side trunk. cuda's where in the middle. If any thing take a few nuts of the tail housing and clean them up. I'll see if I can find a picture. The sockets and the brass on the light bulbs tarnish up. Use steel wool and clean them up. Or replace them. Just by chance I was having issues with the cluster light. I was working on them or I would have got back to you sooner. It can drive you nuts when you test the bulb out of the socket and it works. Then you put it in and it doesn't work, even though you checked the the power to the socket to ground and it's good. It's all about a good clean connection. A good ground in the trunk to use would be the trunk latch bolt.

Last edited:

KennyCuda

Reaction score
It was actually the socket it sold if I turned it with the light on it would light up --all working now thanks for all the help

Back