• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Disabling factory seat belt Kill Switch

Dodgezilla

Reaction score
My 74 Cuda came with this feature which cuts spark to the coil if the driver and/or passenger is not wearing their seat belts. It appears that mine is now malfunctioning and is sometimes killing the spark even if the seatbelts are connected. Does anyone know if their is an easy way to bypass this feature? There is a reset under the hood but I have found that it does not always reset itself when I press on the button. I prefer that it is just gone..

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
there will be 2 wires to the sealbelt sensor , trace them back as far as possible & connect them together should bypass it .

Dodgezilla

Reaction score
I will do that for sure on both seats but I think my problem lies in the actual kill switch under the hood. There are two plugs connected to it. One has one or two wires and the other has 4 wires. I'd like to totally disable the feature if it is possible...

Thanks

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
Makes sense to me , unfortunatly I do not have a wiring diagram for that year but there must be a way to jump the connectors so you have a constant feed to the coil that cannot be interuppted

Dodgezilla

Reaction score
Is my car supposed to crank at all if this switch is functioning properly? It always cranks fine but sometimes there is no spark. I was thinking the switch was cutting voltage to the coil but reading online I am starting to think that the starter should not even engage.

Dodgezilla

Reaction score
Finally checked under the seats and the sensors were already unplugged. My issue turned out to have nothing to do with the seatbelt interlock system. I replaced the Electronic ignition control module, voltage regulator, and ballast resistor and now everything works great. I did all these at the same time so I am not sure which one was the problem.... Now I have to figure out why the gas gauge is reading empty....

Back