• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Disassembly complete, more rust!!

Cuda Kid

Reaction score
069.jpgOkay, I'll post pics of before and after. Because this was a local car I didn't have to travel or buy sight unseen. Also 'cause it's a complete car not needing all those expensive little parts that was running and drivable I shelled out $9000 for it. A bunch of money but, the e-bodies are expensive and other than being a 1974 (I wanted a 1970) it was gonna be a good project. I just retired and have a lot of time too. So as some may know the plan is to build a tribute to one of the previous 1970's I had in High School. Original means little to me as this going to be a daily driver for my wife. I have a home made rotisserie that it will soon go on and then head for my local media blaster. A local blaster here will rent his blast room and two blast guns for $35 per hour so me and a friend can do it ourselves. I did this before on a project and it works out real well. As the pictures show I found more rust than I was aware of when I bought it. I knew the driver floor and trunk were bad but, I found a few more holes on the firewall near the fender brace. The lower quarter panels and front fenders need the usual patches at the bottoms and after blasting we'll see just what else I find. I'll post pics and you guys tell me what ya think. I know $9000 was a bunch but, I've seen worse at swap meets.

114.jpg

118.jpg

121.jpg

PB127898.jpg

PB127901.jpg

PB127905.jpg

PB127908.jpg

PB127912.jpg

PB127914.jpg

PB127916.jpg

069.jpg

Last edited:

Donny

Reaction score
Wow. Cars like this, with hard and really bad rust, I don't even waste my time or my customers money on. If the panel is clearly bad before any blasting, we just take it off, and keep going till we hit the bottom and have a core structure to work with, then media blast, and start the build from this clean core shell.

Bill

Reaction score
If 9k is a lot or not. If it is something you want to do then it is worth every penny. Keep the pictures of your progress coming. Thanks for posting.

challenger6pak

Reaction score
I've seen a lot worse. It is hard to find clean cars that need restored. Most have been done. Dig in and enjoy.

340challconvert

Reaction score
Car dis-assembly

Good luck with your tear down and restoration.
I am in the process of cleaning up my Challenger convertible and taking one step at a time.
I am tearing down the front end and rebuilding the brakes and front suspension.
Just started working on it after 30 years of the car sitting in storage.
Your pictures are appreciated. I will be following your progress.

Dino2 (1).gif

Back